June 1st Quilt Block Exchange

frow.gif
just caught up on the thread.

Excellent points about the rotary cutter. My worst cut came from not cutting towards me but not closing the cutter when I brought it back to me.

Baby chicks are adorable until they hit the stinky/ugly stage! I have some in my kitchen from the Easter hatch. Hopefully going out to the chicken house this weekend.

I never knew about thread size. Thanks

And a final note: I have not gotten the report from the OSMG yet on my machine. My understanding is he has "agents" in several counties where you drop off your machine & he picks it up. I am guessing he has just not gotten to my county yet. I will keep you posted and if possible jump in or get in on the next one.

Finished some sample blocks today. These were made from two green batik fat quarters; not nearly enough to do all the swap blocks, but I'll save these to add to the swap blocks I get and make the final quilt a little bigger.

I went to a quilt show today, too, and found a couple of fun fabrics to use for my swap blocks! These two yards are in the laundry now; can't wait to get busy cutting and sewing these! I wanted more contrast (more like the block made with batiks above) but I love the bright spring shades, and the dots!

I have been reading your thread because I do quilt. I am enjoying seeing your blocks. I have noticed the difference between Aurifil and Mettler when I piece. I have heard about poly but I wasn't sure. I have taken a break from sewing to garden and help with our chicks. Thank you for your wonderful posts. Keep them coming.

I have been reading your thread because I do quilt. I am enjoying seeing your blocks. I have noticed the difference between Aurifil and Mettler when I piece. I have heard about poly but I wasn't sure. I have taken a break from sewing to garden and help with our chicks. Thank you for your wonderful posts. Keep them coming.
When you are ready to join us we'd love to have you

Back
Top Bottom