June 1st Quilt Block Exchange

You are so sweet. I too am catching up on the events I am here in WV (so ok) and think this is just terrible news.
sad.png

I figured out why the little blocks are coming out smaller because the directions are wrong to make half square tri's you have to cut 4 inch blocks instead of 3 7/8 because when you sew your seams to make the tri's you are taking up 1/2 in. instead of how they have it as 3/8's

I figured out why the little blocks are coming out smaller because the directions are wrong to make half square tri's you have to cut 4 inch blocks instead of 3 7/8 because when you sew your seams to make the tri's you are taking up 1/2 in. instead of how they have it as 3/8's

This is the reason they say to sew a "scant" 1/4" seam. I'm done with scant seams! 3/4 of the time I don't remember to move my needle one click to the right and so my blocks all come out different sizes.

PharmGirl- cute babies and looks like they have nice digs too!
thumbsup.gif

Well the OSMG called tonight it appears my "new to me" ancient Necchi is going to cost as much to fix as buying a new machine would.
sad.png
On the bright side once its fixed it will be a very heavy duty machine capable of sewing even denim & leather. I wanted: straight stitch, zig zag & reverse: according to OSMG it will do those very well. I will let you guys know if/when I get it back and if I can operate it. lol

Wow after 6 days in the hospital I have a lot of catching up to do, I had 455 e-mails to go through and still reading. crazy, course lots of it was junk mail, my husband had the to care for the chickens and he said they are a lot of work
big_smile.png
now he just appreciates me more.

Back
Top Bottom