June 1st Quilt Block Exchange

We live Johannesburg in the suburbs. Grew up on farms so it's been a huge adjustment! Will post some pictures. What greens are we using? I've got some locally hand dyed green fabrics as I wanted something "South African" but am worried now that I've seen those lovely bright greens.

As I understand it, it's any two greens you like, with white. There are no hard & fast rules about where the greens and white have to go, either. There was some talk earlier in the thread about using one of the greens for the background, and making the "blades" of the Hunter's Star in green & white instead of 2 shades of green.

My second set consists of a pale green (a 1930s reproduction print, I believe) and a darker piece that looks like scenery or landscape - not the same brights as the first set. Use what you like. I think something South African will be marvelous! What wonderful memories this quilt will have!

blue crane use your fabric, I have never seen a bad block and these are just some of the blocks posted we don't know what the others will look like and yours will fit just perfect. Our quilt will have such a wonder story behind it just like CarolineNH said.

I have been reading a few posts and I haven't been able to be on as much as I would like, My blocks are green and yellow with white, is that ok, or not? I hope I haven't messed up...
idunno.gif

Let me know soon please.

Back
Top Bottom