June 2015 Hatch A Long HAL

Purpletie3

Crowing
9 Years
Apr 30, 2014
Upstate NY...
I can not find a thread on here for a June HAL...SO, let's start one.

Please chime in with what you are setting and when...

Also, state your experience with hatching! Thanks for joining!

I'm in! I have way too much experience with hatching, lol. I really should stop hatching so much. I have ayam cemanis due the 4th, more due the 10th, a couple broodies with mixed breed eggs due the 10th, and some bantams due the 11th.

So, I will start...My name is Christina and I am a hatching addict....LOL...wrong forum!

I set early this morning:

6 Ayam Cemani eggs

5 Peafowl eggs

4 Golden Sebright

4 Mille Fleur Bantam

6 Silver Sebright

6 Serama

There are going to be some challenges...All are shipped. There are some rolling air cells...Even after sitting for 24+ hours. The ones with wonky air cells are sitting up in egg cartons...hopefully, they will re-attach. Everyone else is in the turners.

These are all new breeds for me to hatch! Looking forward to it!!!

I'm in! I have way too much experience with hatching, lol. I really should stop hatching so much. I have ayam cemanis due the 4th, more due the 10th, a couple broodies with mixed breed eggs due the 10th, and some bantams due the 11th.
Great! Any tips on humidity for the Cemani? I am sweating bullets with them already and they have been set for 7 hours! LOL

Can't wait to see your pics!

To be honest I'm pretty bad at monitoring exact humidity, but I like to keep it around 30% for the first 18 days and they do well. I watch the air cells and adjust as needed. I forgot to mention I stuck two cemani eggs under a broody, too. If they are perfect chicks I am stealing them back, lol.

Well, if you do try it, just keep an eye on the air cells to make sure all is well, and adjust as needed :)

Hi peops,

I am in! (We, I should say :) ).

Due June 5th:

2 Cemani
4 Black Java
8 Mottled Eng. Orpingtons

Wishing all a healthy happy hatch!

frow.gif

i set 20 of my jubilee orp and jubilee/splash orp (hopefully) eggs on friday, 5/22.
I also set 12 shipped BLRW eggs and 6 shipped BBS orp eggs. I candled this morning when I turned them, and it looks like most are developing!
I am holding my breath though! shipped eggs are tough and some of my eggs were almost 2 weeks old before I got to set them.

i add water when i first set mine, but i don't again until lockdown!
Good luck to all!

Back
Top Bottom