June 2021 Hatch - A - Long

Pics
Did I tell you that we finally got a double yolk quail egg? The same week we got a fairy quail egg. :lol:
We got a double yolk turkey egg

F495061C-F136-43AB-87B5-8449DD1B1D8A.jpeg

Well woke up this morning to a couple of pips. Then ran to town to pick up a few things for the cookout later and came home to one of the FBCM out and stumbling around. When I left I did not see a pip on that egg. there is a great chance that the eggs got slightly warm as I was waiting for enough FBCM eggs to put in the incubator for them to start developing earlier than placing in the incubator.

My eggs arrived already, shipping had them estimated between Thursday and Monday next week. Collected Sunday, shipped Monday and arrived today (Tuesday). Werent even in the post for 24 hours.. all arrived intact but as my almost 5yo was helping unpack from the tissue, I bumped his hand causing him to drop one which made a small crack, I could repair it but I think I still have enough.
20210525_100528.jpg

:lol: Goodness, I can imagine there’s a story! You don’t have to cover the eggs with a towel. They are fine.
I was paranoid they would cool despite reading that they should be fine for 15mins or so. I feel like a first time momma too!

So, this paint satin was raised with a black satin frizzle.. and she was very attached to frizzle. Unfortunately the frizzle didn’t get a very good start to life, and passed about a month back. Because the frizzle couldn’t fly, or see very well, she was less active than other chickens. And the satin being so attached to frizzle, didn’t know that she herself, could actually fly and jump just like all the other chickens. because of frizzle, I ended up carrying them both around whenever they needed to move locations (about 4 times a day). and somehow, without really spending a lot of time with these two, they ended up being attached to me...

Well after frizzle passed, I decided that paint was equipped with everything to be quite self sufficient. There were a lot of firsts for her in the past month, being in the run with the flock of big girls. It took a lot of encouragement and treats to get her to use her wings, but i was happy with her progress. And just when I thought I was finally free of being a chicken transport vehicle... she went broody 😂

Back
Top Bottom