June 2021 Hatch - A - Long

Pics
This one hatched but had a draggy yellow egg slime content from egg connected to his butt, but was not bloody, just not dropped off. I took him out of incubator to remove slime so it would not dry onto the wire floor and tug on her belly button. This chick is Eysis, because her mom is Eyrus. Brown maran/welsummer and BO. Still waiting on one last egg.
IMG_3261 (3).JPG
IMG_3262 (2).JPG

Tomorrow is lockdown day!
Question about saving hatching eggs: I only have 3 Cream Legbar pullets right now, so if I want a fairly full incubator I have to save their eggs for 5 or more days to fill it. Do you generally put those eggs in the fridge? Or leave them on the counter until you have enough?

Question about saving hatching eggs: I only have 3 Cream Legbar pullets right now, so if I want a fairly full incubator I have to save their eggs for 5 or more days to fill it. Do you generally put those eggs in the fridge? Or leave them on the counter until you have enough?
As long as counters not too hot, leave them there. Fridge eggs I haven't had much success with eggs over 4 days.

Counter and try to tilt them a couple times a day if you can.

I have a broody sitting on 11 eggs I got from a friend that are due to hatch the 25th. She would’ve had 12, but she stepped on one in the very beginning and I’ve had it in the incubator ever since. It’s close to the home stretch and still going despite the cracks and me having to repair it with nail polish

Candled my broody’s eggs this morning, day 18. I saw movement in all 5! Out of 6 shipped eggs, she had 1 clear and 5 alive at “lockdown”. Pretty darn good. I’ll be out of town tomorrow through late Wednesday night, and the eggs are due to hatch Thursday afternoon/evening. Hopefully she doesn’t have any early hatches; I didn’t know about this trip when I set her eggs.

Back
Top Bottom