June 2023 Hatch-a-long

Pics
In my world, that is a hard pass.
I don’t accept undue aggression towards the other birds in the group, or toward any people.

Again- assuming it isn’t just a pecking order scuffle or a space issue...
I don’t want their genetics to propagate, and I want to enjoy our flocks.
If they want to be a**holes, they will be on the table in short order 🙄
Thankfully its not her eggs. I posted her for rehome locally with full disclosure. If no one can give her a rooster/chick free home then she will be culled. Her name is Sweets-🤔 Boy is that wrong!

I hit send on this thread and checked live camera. there was broody violently pecking and I see open egg. Ran and baby was pushed to side, bloody beak and toes, chirping. I took chick inside under my shirt while incubator warms to temp. I have 2 eggs I am taking.
I can’t believe this hen. I think I need to rehome her-4 dead, 1 attempted murder. I can’t have that.
awww poor baby! One of mine got pecked in the head this year from another girl in the broody's box but broody was doing nothing. I removed that baby, the one that hatched right before that one that was outside the nest box wandering alone and remaining eggs. I decided that chicken will just never be a mama.

I have my first pip in my quail eggs. but OMG that pip is TINY and you can barely see it! I looked for pips and saw none so went to candle to see if any internal pips since I had some shadowing this morning but not quite an internal pip that I could tell. go to candle and notice the tiniest little pip that I only found when the light from candling shined through it! LOL Guess I see how long these little things take from pip to zip! I am gone almost the WHOLE day tomorrow! only home about an hour from 8am-8pm and just home to change..... so most likely will miss them hatch. :(

This egg weighed 37g when I first placed it in my Brinsea mini eco on 8 June; it now weighs 35g with a little air cell! Veins & movement detected. 😍

Attachments

• IMG_4981.jpeg
    IMG_4981.jpeg
    172.7 KB · Views: 1
I hit send on this thread and checked live camera. there was broody violently pecking and I see open egg. Ran and baby was pushed to side, bloody beak and toes, chirping. I took chick inside under my shirt while incubator warms to temp. I have 2 eggs I am taking.
I can’t believe this hen. I think I need to rehome her-4 dead, 1 attempted murder. I can’t have that.
She must be related (in spirit? :idunno) to my guinea Melba; crazy hens. 😣

Back
Top Bottom