June 2023 Hatch-a-long

Pics
I set my eggs today! Shipped silkies! Hoping for a few show girls! Set 14, 5 that had Jiggly air cells in my incubator, gave 5 to one of my (proven great mother) 3 to BYM (first timer) 2 to one of my silkies, all the girls have been broody about a week, all that have been set with my hens the air cells are great! If the air cells settle, I'll put them under my hens also, promised hubby no more chicks in the house lol
So excited, June 1st cant come fast enough.

Come on Monday, hopefully I can wait that long to check them

I set my eggs today! Shipped silkies! Hoping for a few show girls! Set 14, 5 that had Jiggly air cells in my incubator, gave 5 to one of my (proven great mother) 3 to BYM (first timer) 2 to one of my silkies, all the girls have been broody about a week, all that have been set with my hens the air cells are great! If the air cells settle, I'll put them under my hens also, promised hubby no more chicks in the house lol
So excited, June 1st cant come fast enough.

Come on Monday, hopefully I can wait that long to check them
I will set mine tomorrow and candle on Sun. Lol. I never make it past day 3. Lol

And yours would be due to hatch on May 31. Thought I had counted wrong but Thurs is the 1st so if I set on Thurs they are due to hatch on Thurs

And Welcome!!!! Can't wait for more to join.

I will set mine tomorrow and candle on Sun. Lol. I never make it past day 3. Lol

And yours would be due to hatch on May 31. Thought I had counted wrong but Thurs is the 1st so if I set on Thurs they are due to hatch on Thurs

And Welcome!!!! Can't wait for more to join.
I heard the day you put in is day 0 so day 21 is June first???? maybe may 31.... hmmm we will see. I want to check Sunday (and I most likely will check Sat night lol) but id like to wait till Monday when i arrive home from my layover. I admit last batch i candled every day...... ouch

I heard the day you put in is day 0 so day 21 is June first???? maybe may 31.... hmmm we will see. I want to check Sunday (and I most likely will check Sat night lol) but id like to wait till Monday when i arrive home from my layover. I admit last batch i candled every day...... ouch
Yes the day after you put them in is day 1. But if you set on a Wed then 21 days later is a Wed.

I am so bad with candling normally so we can be bad together. Lol. I have been known to peek on day 2. Lol. And look at a few pretty much every day, but try for every other day if I can. Lol

So many people in May!
I’ll stay here.
Few days to go!
Honestly I was going to set this am, but tossed them in early as they were not cool and air cells were good
I was going to put mine in yesterday but we will be camping and not home till late afternoon on the 29th so for lockdown needed to wait till today. Lol

I will be setting 18+ eggs come Monday night or Tuesday. I get my shipment from a lovely breeder/new friend. I have 2 call ducklings I am raising up now (photo for cuteness)… she has gifted me half call eggs and half lavender orpington eggs. I show buff orpingtons, and they are my favorite.. but i could never get my hands on lavender. I am beyond excited. will update when i set them with hatch expected dates, but obviously should be june! this will be my FIRST attempt at shipped eggs & duck eggs… so hang in there with me!

I will have 2 incubators going, one for the ducks and one for the chicks
ps- i will be making a thread on their pen/aviary sometime when it’s done. i have big goals…

Attachments

• 349E38A9-E829-4D1C-AACE-18321A661993.jpeg
    349E38A9-E829-4D1C-AACE-18321A661993.jpeg
    468.2 KB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom