My first chickens of 2024 - Hatch-Along

Up to eight, now.
IMG_20240228_101754186.jpg

Is this the maticoopx? If so how do you like it?

Congrats on all the cute babies. Looks like a great hatch!!

Five more, six to go...
IMG_20240228_220902352.jpg

Is this the maticoopx? If so how do you like it?

Congrats on all the cute babies. Looks like a great hatch!!
I like it a lot more than my Nurture Right 360: for one thing the lid attaches a lot more easily.

Hatch rates seem to be better, too. Last one I started with 18, had one blood ring about two weeks in, had another that never hatched.

Last couple hatches I've done I've added a govee thermometer / hygrometer. It records temperature and humidity averages over time (day, week, hourly) as well as letting you give real time readings. I found out both machines had inaccurate instrumentation: humidity was way off on the Nurture Right, temp is off 1.5 to 2 degrees on the Maticoopx.

After getting back from work today I checked the "final five." Two I can hear chirping, so I candled the other three. One has movement. One I can't really tell if it's moving or not, and the third stopped developing shortly after the last candling I did last week, so that's a definite dud.

More later!

After getting back from work today I checked the "final five." Two I can hear chirping, so I candled the other three. One has movement. One I can't really tell if it's moving or not, and the third stopped developing shortly after the last candling I did last week, so that's a definite dud.

More later!
So far it seems like a good though!

Five more, six to go...
View attachment 3759939

I like it a lot more than my Nurture Right 360: for one thing the lid attaches a lot more easily.

Hatch rates seem to be better, too. Last one I started with 18, had one blood ring about two weeks in, had another that never hatched.

Last couple hatches I've done I've added a govee thermometer / hygrometer. It records temperature and humidity averages over time (day, week, hourly) as well as letting you give real time readings. I found out both machines had inaccurate instrumentation: humidity was way off on the Nurture Right, temp is off 1.5 to 2 degrees on the Maticoopx.
Ya I use a govee. I know you can calibrate the NR360. I did it last summer and it was pretty accurate for temp. Can't remember if u cal calibrate the humidity though.

Back
Top Bottom