June duck egg hatch along

Pics
I just so happen to have duck eggs due in June, so I'll tag along with you!
Awesome! Im getting mine on Friday and just bought another coop for them! Im only getting 6 since I have a kebbonix. She has a mix of Pekin, silver Appleyard, blue Swiss and buff so I guess I’ll see what’s available that day!
What are you hatching?

I don't have ducks or want adults but I would love to hatch some to have ducklings for a couple days. Lol. A guy I hatched for did ask me about trying to hatch some of his duck eggs so I may but his female went broody and the eggs ended up exploding so his drake may not be getting the job done

That being said I will follow along to see cute ducklings.

I don't have ducks or want adults but I would love to hatch some to have ducklings for a couple days. Lol. A guy I hatched for did ask me about trying to hatch some of his duck eggs so I may but his female went broody and the eggs ended up exploding so his drake may not be getting the job done

That being said I will follow along to see cute ducklings.
Exploding eggs are the worst...

I once forgot to throw out an egg that quit, and it sat on my counter. One night I woke up to a horrible smell. Wasn't the litter box. Dog hadn't farted. Not a skunk outside. Then I noticed the goo all over the sink area. Man that was disgusting!!!

I've got some Muscovy sitting on 'regular' duck eggs that are due next week, plus some in the incubator due on the 15th. And then more Muscovy sitting on Muscovy eggs. Hopefully I'll get pics for you, JR!

You should give ducks a try though. Especially Muscovy. ;)

Exploding eggs are the worst...

I once forgot to throw out an egg that quit, and it sat on my counter. One night I woke up to a horrible smell. Wasn't the litter box. Dog hadn't farted. Not a skunk outside. Then I noticed the goo all over the sink area. Man that was disgusting!!!

I've got some Muscovy sitting on 'regular' duck eggs that are due next week, plus some in the incubator due on the 15th. And then more Muscovy sitting on Muscovy eggs. Hopefully I'll get pics for you, JR!

You should give ducks a try though. Especially Muscovy. ;)
I had a couple explode in my incubator that he gave me the first time. They were dirtier than mine normally are and I forgot to candle before I set them. 2 days in 2 exploded and the incubator was in my bedroom. Omg it was horrible

Set my 6 duck eggs today! Now I want to build a pond for them lol. I need to chill out soon and stop adding more projects for a bit!
Good luck! Hopefully it goes well for you!

Awesome! Im getting mine on Friday and just bought another coop for them! Im only getting 6 since I have a kebbonix. She has a mix of Pekin, silver Appleyard, blue Swiss and buff so I guess I’ll see what’s available that day!
What are you hatching?

Somehow, I completely missed this message >.>
What did you end up getting?

Mine will be mixes. Possible dads are both Pekin mixes (one pied black and white and the other a self-blue). The hens are a choice of Magpie, Buff, Khaki Campbell, and Rouen. Some in the incubator (six right now) and some under Muscovy (a good 20 or so).

There's a possibility of getting 'mullards' too, as my blue drake was very fond of the Muscovy ladies.

Good luck! Hopefully it goes well for you!

Somehow, I completely missed this message >.>
What did you end up getting?

Mine will be mixes. Possible dads are both Pekin mixes (one pied black and white and the other a self-blue). The hens are a choice of Magpie, Buff, Khaki Campbell, and Rouen. Some in the incubator (six right now) and some under Muscovy (a good 20 or so).

There's a possibility of getting 'mullards' too, as my blue drake was very fond of the Muscovy ladies.
I’ll be honest I have no idea what I got lol. I forgot to ask and we got chatting about chickens and her leghorns lol. I’m guessing I have one of each at least but not sure if hers are mixed either.
It seems to be a bit more difficult to get duck eggs around here. I’m guessing that people may feel they are a bit more difficult to maintain in the cold winters?

I’ll be honest I have no idea what I got lol. I forgot to ask and we got chatting about chickens and her leghorns lol. I’m guessing I have one of each at least but not sure if hers are mixed either.
It seems to be a bit more difficult to get duck eggs around here. I’m guessing that people may feel they are a bit more difficult to maintain in the cold winters?
I hope you don't mind me joining in. I have 20 ducks and they can do better in the cold than in the heat. Mine have been just fine at 14 below F here in Ohio. I have lots of shade for them in the summer because the heat is hard on them. Good luck with your ducklings. I have 6 right now, 3 Mallard, a possible Hinnie since the drake was a Black Swedish Call Duck and the Hen was a possible Muscovy and 2 Fawn and White Runner Ducklings that I am hoping at least one is a female. I also have a Mule Duck. The Drake was a big Muscovy and the Hen was a Rouen Duck. She can't lay but my Hinnie will be able to if it is a girl. The eggs will not be fertile though which is fine with me.

Back
Top Bottom