JUNE HAL

I just realized I worded that wrong , haha! I meant most of them are embryos, and only a few are unfertile. Whoops
1f602.png
Oh, that's good!

Well our hen went broody again! She hatched out our chicks 4 months ago.. and last night 7/8 eggs we had under her this time hatched! Barnyard mixes. The excitement of having no idea what they'll look like!

Awww they are sooooooo cute! Now I really can't wait till mine hatch!

Went into lock down this afternoon. Should have Silver Laced Wyandotte chicks by Thursday afternoon. The main incubator is one of those Chinese made yellow plastic ones with a digital readout. It has circulated air with a fan and an egg turner. I leave the vent plugs out. The temperature stays very constant and I add water about every 4 days for humidity. On the last three days I've switched the eggs to a wafer (non digital) Hova Bator still air incubator 1602 and raise the humidity to 60-65% by filling two of the troughs. Use a Walmart Temp/Humidity reader in the incubator plus the thermometer that came with the incubator to keep an eye on that. The eggs were an eBay purchase and came in the mail. The pics of her flock looked very nice and the eggs were well packed.

Will post what happens on Thursday. The eggs are very slightly propped up with a little piece of egg carton so they don't roll into one another.
ya.gif
Lockdown is so exciting! Can't wait to see how it turns out!
Hey! I'm joining late in the game. We had a failed hatch of shipped eggs last month so I was holding my breath on this one before getting excited. Our most recent bath of mutt eggs have been in the incubator since 11:30pm on Friday the 27th of May. According to my newbie calculations, they're due to hatch on Saturday the 18th, correct?

We had a minor accident the other day while candling and lost two partially developed eggs. However besides that I think we are right on target! 34 eggs remaining and only one so far that appears to be sterile! We can't wait to hear the peeps!
Yeah, the 18th, or sometime around then.

Went into lock down this afternoon. Should have Silver Laced Wyandotte chicks by Thursday afternoon. The main incubator is one of those Chinese made yellow plastic ones with a digital readout. It has circulated air with a fan and an egg turner. I leave the vent plugs out. The temperature stays very constant and I add water about every 4 days for humidity. On the last three days I've switched the eggs to a wafer (non digital) Hova Bator still air incubator 1602 and raise the humidity to 60-65% by filling two of the troughs. Use a Walmart Temp/Humidity reader in the incubator plus the thermometer that came with the incubator to keep an eye on that. The eggs were an eBay purchase and came in the mail. The pics of her flock looked very nice and the eggs were well packed. Will post what happens on Thursday. The eggs are very slightly propped up with a little piece of egg carton so they don't roll into one another.
In the last pics, with the egg cartons, it looks like just the standard wite mesh bottom. you might want to put some paper towels down under the eggs if they are in there for lock down. It will help with clean up and prevent possible injuries on the wire mesh. Please excuse me if there is something other than wire.

Well our hen went broody again! She hatched out our chicks 4 months ago.. and last night 7/8 eggs we had under her this time hatched! Barnyard mixes. The excitement of having no idea what they'll look like!

Awe your chicks are too adorable! I can not wait til mine hatch out too. I have an Ameraucana roo over my flock of hens of various breeds. So Easter Eggers for us.

Last edited:
Hi all Hatching Friends! I'm enjoying the cute pictures of the new baby chicks tonight
yippiechickie.gif

I wanted to post that I came home from work tonight (it's Day 20 here) and heard that joyful chirping noise coming from my Hova Bator... YIPPEE!!! I've placed 14 Marans; 12 Am's x CCL's; and 5 of my own green egg mutts into lock-down and cannot wait to see what comes outta it
pop.gif
The Marans were shipped, the Am's x CCL's were picked up from across the state, and the greenies came from my coop from mutt hens I hatched out last year about this time!! This is my second time to hatch with an incubator, and I'm stoked!!!

Okay, so anyway.... thanks for letting me share. I guess I'm an addict and needed a place to admit it!!
celebrate.gif

Yep. I know. I changed out the wire mesh for a plastic mesh one from another incubator. The plastic is very rounded and soft for little feet. And it doesn't get super hot.

Last edited:
What do you do with an early hatching chick? The first chick seems to fall around and knock the other eggs around quite a bit. Does that hurt the hatch of the other eggs?

Back
Top Bottom