JUNE HATCH-A-LONG come join in

Just set 11 b/b/s silkie eggs from Little Ameraucana Mom! And some of my buffs in with them.
celebrate.gif
wee.gif

Hello,
I posted this question on the main incubating section and no one answered....just wondering if anyone will know here. I have a Genesis 1588 (forced air). My chicks from my last hatch mainly hatched on day 22, I had two analog thermometers- one on the eggs said 99, and one on the floor of the incubator said 97.

This hatch my thermostat light never came on, so I decided to put in two digital thermometers and one analog. The analog is on the eggs, the two digitals on the floor next to each other were at 97.5. I moved one of the digitals to sit on the egg turner, adjusted the thermostat one level and it moved to 98.3, the floor digital and the analog stayed the same. I raised the thermostat one more level and now the analog is at 101, digital on the turner is at 99.3 and the digital on the floor says 98.6. What do you think? Should I leave it alone now?

Thanks!
Melissa

Im not sure Ive posted here before. I believe there were 2 June hatch threads, but Im excited nonetheless.
I awoke to 2 pips today!!!! (Only 6 out of 12 made it to lockdown) 1 has started zipping.
Hoping for more pips
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

I have speckled sussex hatching!

Today is day 21 on my second batch. Nothing so far. I'm scared that nothing's going to hatch at all. The eggs for the first batch didn't hatch. They're all under a broody Cochin. I'm going to give them an extra week and if nothing happens.... then I guess I'll just give up.

The digital that was at 99.3 dropped back down to 98.5. I think my thermostat needs to be replaced. The light doesn't come on at all at this point and I can't tell if I am actually adjusting it or not without it. I guess I will have to call Genesis to get a replacement on Monday, which will probably take a week or so. I hope my eggs will be ok until then? UGH!

@ Melissa: Best of luck getting that temp figured out.... wish there was a simple way you could replace the light instead of the whole thing
hmm.png
I feel like you'd be able to get the temps under control if you could do that.

Man I hate waiting through lockdown. Want to touch eggs..... *flail*

Quote:
Forced air temp should be 99.5 F degrees at the level of the egg. I would expect that temps above could be higher & know for sure that temps at the bottom of the egg is lower. See page 1, post #1 for info on the water wiggler so you can use a very accurate glass thermometer (pharmacy or mail away for one used in an incubator) inside of a wiggler or a homemade one as shown in that info. If you can't find it then PM me for that homemade one with a ziplock bag. The purpose of the wiggler/thermometer would be to find an accurate temp to judge your other thermometers by; I've questioned that issue myself before.

Many of my hatches lately have been on Day 22 as I am trying so hard to avoid high temp incubation & end up with very weak chicks. If temps are too low then they won't develope right & may not hatch. So, I believe my temps have been about .5 F degrees lower. You really have to work with your equipment & find out what works best, unfortunately. Be sure to calibrate your hygrometer/humidity guage too; see info on that also on page 1, post #1.

Looking forward to hearing about your hatch & seeing pics of the chicks. Happy hatching!

Back
Top Bottom