JUNE HATCH-A-LONG come join in

Saridout
welcome-byc.gif

and your chicks look exactly like mine except mine are LF and this is my first incubation too!!

I have six BBS Orps hopping around in the bator right now 6/18 mailed eggs is pretty good right? The only thing that concerns me is that none of the 6 americauna eggs have hatched I was hoping for at least 1. Did I mess up putting them in the same bator I figured chicken eggs were chicken eggs... I'm on day 22. Anyone have any thoughts?

Everyone has the cutest
jumpy.gif
Pics! I would post a pic but they are all fuzzy through the incubators plastic.

britechicken and save the favs, thanks for the warm welcome
smile.png

it looks like the last three of the batch in my bator aren't going to come around. still a few possibles from the broody hen that's hatching the rest of my eggs. only two blues out of the lot, and i'm pretty sure one of them is a rooster. is it likely that the larger chicks are males? the first one to hatch is a good 20% larger than the others, and it's got a massive comb (for his age). here's a few more photos of them:

4740483383_bcf98e1e9b_z.jpg

4740482583_8c23fc4ae8_z.jpg

that's Big Boy in the front

he.gif
lost the little one with the imbilical problem today...... I tried a betadine wash and sugar but it would not close.....
hit.gif

I have no idea how to make them close....Or if there was anything more wrong with it....

on a happier note ...
caf.gif

we have our first pip for the 28th hatch.....
fl.gif

Patience is not my better attribute.......
pop.gif

caf.gif

ETA:

Hatching news:
7 Pips from 12 eggs due to hatch later today, I hear them cheeping.........

Last edited:
so far 3 have popped the tops, there are:
2 Black - Light Brahma x Barred Rocks
1 yellow- Pure Lght Brahma

5 Pips going,
4 more to go......

ETA:
35593_628lighrbrahma.jpg

ETA: 5 hatched, 1 with the top off, 2 zipping away, 3 cant see anything yet, but they have plenty of time.

ETA: 8/12 hatched! 2 zipping along

ETA: 12/12 hatched,
4 Light Brahma
1 Light Brahma x EE
7 Light Brahma x Barred Rock

35593_june28hatch2.jpg

I have to cull one though, his neck is twisted and he cant stand up, he lays on his back.
hit.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
they don't look like they have much room, maybe that is the problem...I am sorry to hear that though..it is a tough decision...best of luck to you..

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom