June Hatch-A-Long

Pics
Sweet. Can’t wait to see them.

I just had to mercy kill a quail because it was skinny and not thriving. It was the one acting weird before.
Me too!!! There were some that I couldn’t really tell on cause I didn’t really see movement but they looked to be developing fine so I left them. Others were definitely alive. :lau

I’ve had some temp spikes recently so I’m hoping I didn’t fry them. :fl

One had the air cell on the wrong end but it was very active so I’m hoping haha

And awww I’m sorry!! That’s sad. :( probably for the best though!!

Me too!!! There were some that I couldn’t really tell on cause I didn’t really see movement but they looked to be developing fine so I left them. Others were definitely alive. :lau

I’ve had some temp spikes recently so I’m hoping I didn’t fry them. :fl

One had the air cell on the wrong end but it was very active so I’m hoping haha

And awww I’m sorry!! That’s sad. :( probably for the best though!!
I’ll cremate it tonight with the bon fire. I’m having a rough week since the weekend began so I’m just trying to see the positive in things, but seems like negative things keep happening.

I have 80 eggs cooking right now in the bators. Hopefully most will hatch.

I have 30 chicks all crazy and ready to go into the outside brooder.

I’ll cremate it tonight with the bon fire. I’m having a rough week since the weekend began so I’m just trying to see the positive in things, but seems like negative things keep happening.

I have 80 eggs cooking right now in the bators. Hopefully most will hatch.

I have 30 chicks all crazy and ready to go into the outside brooder.
Awww I’m sorry!!! :hugs

Cremating it is nice though. :love

I hope you have good hatches!!!

And oh wow :lau

Awww I’m sorry!!! :hugs

Cremating it is nice though. :love

I hope you have good hatches!!!

And oh wow :lau
Yeah I’m ridiculous. I have BCM, Assorted barnyard mix, and Fort Cluck eggs.

I have a returning customer that wants more Giant Cochins. They’re in love with them and how big they are at only a month old.

View attachment 2171481 I'm so sorry, this is definitely not the goose experience I was hoping you would have. We've had so much fun with them.

Have you tried this facebook group? They're supposed to be very helpful with waterfowl there. This is where my friend got assistance in how to save the goslings that did make it after the toxin situation. I still have my fingers crossed! She's in good loving hands with you! :hugs
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1454960544524444/
Admin immediately said wry neck. Going to get vitamin e stat.

any tips anyone felt with wry neck?

Yes I do have a this
View attachment 2171359
that usually says crazy things like a hundred and thirteen degrees when it's probably not, should I trust my incubators temp which is 97.7 . View attachment 2171361
Sorry the red glare is my finger .
this is what I trusted last time that I did quail and it seems to work, but then I had humidity problems where it was were spiking up to 90 humidity

Missuori, around Aurora .
Does anyone know what brand of thermometer is the best ???????????????🙂
You're at ~1,400-1,500 ft (unless you're up on a mountain).

76B6AC75-EE3D-404E-8F68-60E814282C64.gif

You can just calibrate a good quality analog meat thermometer (I bought a higher-end digital from Thermoworks and mine didn't require calibration) by placing the probe in boiling water and turning the nut under the dial until it reads out the correct temp for boiling water at your altitude. (Do this on a calm-weather day--no fronts coming in, etc.)

Use this thermometer to adjust your incubator's thermometer or if it can't be adjusted, to find out how many degrees you need to add or subtract from its readout. Put the probe as close as possible to the incubator's temp probe because they do have hot & cold spots. You need to be measuring the same air.

Back
Top Bottom