June Hatch-A-Long

Pics
So tried to candle some of my broodies eggs yesterday. Yea not happening! I did get to check one but she through such a fit I decided to just let her be. Had to hold her back with a broom just to clean up her yucky! :sick Should be hatching next Saturday. So excited because it’s my Java’s eggs and I can’t wait to see what they will look like.

Does this one still look alive ? I didn't see movement but I could still see lots of big veins , this is the one egg I did have high hopes for since it has a big hole in the shell. Tomorrowis lockdown . View attachment 2169609
Looks alive to me. Those veins will go away if it’s dead.....

Lockdown tomorrow! This incubation has flown. I’m super excited for my lavender Orpington and Ameraucana eggs to arrive on June 9 or 10. They are my last hatch and they’re the breeds I’ve decided I want to focus on (all orpingtons, not just lavenders). They are my first batch of shipped eggs. The breeder is only 2 hrs from me, so they don’t have too far to go. Fingers crossed!

Day 18/19 on my broody so I decided to candle them whilst she's off having a feed and drink. Fingers crossed really!

IMG_20200531_161509.jpg IMG_20200531_161432.jpg IMG_20200531_161356.jpg IMG_20200531_161043.jpg

I knew I had a small rat problem since they are coming from the field and from neighboring Gardens but THEY RUINED MY PLASTIC EGGS. Damn it.

Attachments

• IMG_20200531_161819.jpg
    IMG_20200531_161819.jpg
    495.4 KB · Views: 1
Lockdown tomorrow! This incubation has flown. I’m super excited for my lavender Orpington and Ameraucana eggs to arrive on June 9 or 10. They are my last hatch and they’re the breeds I’ve decided I want to focus on (all orpingtons, not just lavenders). They are my first batch of shipped eggs. The breeder is only 2 hrs from me, so they don’t have too far to go. Fingers crossed!

Orpingtons are the best!! Good luck on your hatch!

Day 18/19 on my broody so I decided to candle them whilst she's off having a feed and drink. Fingers crossed really!

View attachment 2169926View attachment 2169927View attachment 2169928View attachment 2169929

I knew I had a small rat problem since they are coming from the field and from neighboring Gardens but THEY RUINED MY PLASTIC EGGS. Damn it.

Yikes! At least they were plastic and not the broody eggs! Time to get some porcelain eggs to make their lives a bit harder. Lol

av7.PNG
Well with my May hatch complete (Frizzles), just coming under the wire, I am moving to June 2020 hatch since these are due 12/13 some where in there. I am going to say 14th because it is flag day.

My eggs are from North Carolina, blue and dark eggs mixes (ebay), Ohio, one white and tan eggs pures (Meyer's) Washington St. local. 4 white eggs 1/2 EF.
All mixes but some are BA, SS or patridge rock that are pures.

Last edited:
View attachment 2169957Well with my May hatch complete (Frizzles), just coming under the wire, I am moving to June 2020 hatch since these are due 12/13 some where in there. I am going to say 14th because the it is flag day.

My eggs are from North Carolina, blue and dark eggs mixes (ebay), Ohio, one white and tan eggs pures (Meyer's) Washington St. local. 4 white eggs 1/2 EF.
All mixes but some are BA, SS or patridge rock that are pures.
Welcome to the June hatch 🐣

Does this one still look alive ? I didn't see movement but I could still see lots of big veins , this is the one egg I did have high hopes for since it has a big hole in the shell. Tomorrowis lockdown . View attachment 2169609

Tie a nail to a string and dangle it over the egg. If it moves back and forth or in a circle it is still alive. If it does not move then it is more than likely DIS.

Back
Top Bottom