June Hatch-A-Long

Pics
Never hold these with an open hand! Just warning you! That’s how I killed one because it zoomed off my hand. They’re impossible to catch when they jet!
Yeah, I had a couple escape and fall already :oops:

Not these ones though thankfully but when I was taking them out of the incubator or putting them in the brooder. They’re so small and fast!!! I felt so bad!! My hands were closed then too but they still zoomed out. They seem okay though but I’ll be more careful.

Yeah, I had a couple escape and fall already :oops:

Not these ones though thankfully but when I was taking them out of the incubator or putting them in the brooder. They’re so small and fast!!! I felt so bad!! My hands were closed then too but they still zoomed out. They seem okay though but I’ll be more careful.
That’s how my little one died 😭 I felt so bad and cried over it. Now mine are bigger and easier to handle.

I hope mine don’t die!! I remember reading your story and I’m really worried they will. 😭😭 Especially since one fell quite far 😭😭
Mine was lifeless the second it hit the floor. I place their head between my middle finger and index finger so they can zoom out of my hand.

They grow fast in 2 weeks they’ll be easier to hold.

I don’t hold them unless my hand is inside the brooder an inch from the floor from day 1-14. After that they get easier.

My 4 week olds don’t zoom at all they sit in my hand and hang out.

Mine was lifeless the second it hit the floor. I place their head between my middle finger and index finger so they can zoom out of my hand.

They grow fast in 2 weeks they’ll be easier to hold.

I don’t hold them unless my hand is inside the brooder an inch from the floor from day 1-14. After that they get easier.

My 4 week olds don’t zoom at all they sit in my hand and hang out.
Oh no that’s so sad!!! Mine seemed okay so :fl

And yeah I’m gonna try not to handle them like at all!! It’s just my incubator is upstairs and my brooder is downstairs so I have to carry them downstairs.

And that’s awesome. :love

STAAAAAAAAHP.

THEYRE SO CUTE.

My previous broody is back in the box to lay it looks like with her chick by her side it’s cute. She laid a solid 6 when she started laying down to a 5 (she is blue marans) and I’m wondering if it will darken back up after the break!

AAAAAAAND my BCM from the national egg winner pullets started squatting today!!! I’m getting so excited.

STAAAAAAAAHP.

THEYRE SO CUTE.

My previous broody is back in the box to lay it looks like with her chick by her side it’s cute. She laid a solid 6 when she started laying down to a 5 (she is blue marans) and I’m wondering if it will darken back up after the break!

AAAAAAAND my BCM from the national egg winner pullets started squatting today!!! I’m getting so excited.
Right!? They’re like a little rainbow lol I love them so much!! :love

Awww that’s so cute!!!!

And oh wow that’s awesome!!!! :love :woot :wee

First baby hatched this morning, day 20. 4 more have externally pipped now but nothing happening. I’m worried they all died when I opened the incubator this morning to quickly remove this guy. Only one other had pipped when I opened it, the other three pipped this afternoon. I hope someone else manages to hatch, I’m sure this guy is lonely.
8FDD856C-6B87-43A0-B151-ECF43D2C7601.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom