June Hatch a Long

How in the world do people take pictures while candling?!

This is a couple days old, but I do it by myself. I hold the egg with my last three fingers and themor, and then use my thumb and index finger to hold the flashlight on top of the egg to stabilize. The my other hand holds my phone which is the camera :)

Not sure if I posted these here, but here are some more duckie pics/vids! One set is due in a week and the other set is due a week after. So far there are 15 going strong all together!

Day 18 duck egg! They're on day 21 now :D

Day 10 duckie

Mornin all.

Grats on the new babies. Easy does it and be patient on those coming into the world (I never take my own advice
barnie.gif
)

Update since wake up here.

I have 3 WL out and about,
1 BR and another BA

And a bakers dz Keets, yup 13 healthy little keets for me. Most look to be pearl grays. 1 Is pretty light colorred should end up with at least another pearl white. Still alot of guinea eggs to hatch. close to a dz WL. Almost all SL are done. BR have 1/2 dz or so to hatch. And maybe a BA or 2.

Gotta check on Mama guinea later. And I am not awake yet.

Betty has hatched all seven eggs I gave her. Shipped eggs! Admittedly I did not give her the other four that were obviously damaged but still - 7 out of 7! All are doing fine and giving peep shows from under her feathers.

I totally miscounted my days and stopped turning on day 17 and upped the humidity. It's only day 20 today, but last time I had pips already. Worried I may have screwed up! My nerves are a mess at hatch! Thankfully I put four under a broody at lockdown, so those are in better hands, so to speak.

Help please. I noticed 1 of my eggs has a crack in it. I have read somewhere that people put a bit of wax onto the shell to try and 'save' the egg and was wondering if I should do this or should I just discard the egg?
hit.gif

I totally miscounted my days and stopped turning on day 17 and upped the humidity. It's only day 20 today, but last time I had pips already. Worried I may have screwed up! My nerves are a mess at hatch! Thankfully I put four under a broody at lockdown, so those are in better hands, so to speak.
Not a big deal. There is an excellent chance that they will hatch anyway. Good luck and keep us posted! How high is the humidity?

Help please.  I noticed 1 of my eggs has a crack in it.  I have read somewhere that people put a bit of wax onto the shell to try and 'save' the egg and was wondering if I should do this or should I just discard the egg?
:hit

I had several with really bad cracks. I melted paraffin wax and painted it on. Unfortunately all the really badly cracked ones didn't make it, but two are still going with one week left :)

Back
Top Bottom