June Hatch a Long

My brooder full of babies.

So my hatch dates are 7,12,16, 18, and 23. Chicks and quail. Polish Cochin silkie bannie
Whew.
I am going to be busy and in chicken heaven. Lol

Anyone have advice on lowering humidity for dry incubating? I have a Lg forced air, on day 13 with 6 buffs and 7 GC's. Its been a steady 35% and it's been ready humid here today and it spiked up to 50%. I have no water in it and I'm sure it will go down, but will a few hours compromise my eggs??

Anyone have advice on lowering humidity for dry incubating? I have a Lg forced air, on day 13 with 6 buffs and 7 GC's. Its been a steady 35% and it's been ready humid here today and it spiked up to 50%. I have no water in it and I'm sure it will go down, but will a few hours compromise my eggs??
Are your plugs in?

HI,
I have been hatching for three or so years and still get uptight on hatch day........and until the hatch is over..................
lol.png

I tell myself to find something to keep my mind busy and find my body pacing back and forth to check the incubator.......
Anyway, Your fine....Mother nature just does not always do things on our schedual.............. ( dang. always spell that word wrong.)
My hatch before last didn't start till day 23 ?????????? Made me CRAZY......
he.gif

Thanks Chickydee64! That makes me feel a lot better!
big_smile.png
A few are rocking ev once in a while and I was scared that maybe something had happened and I was going to get no babies! So glad there is still hope!
jumpy.gif
I was already wracking my brain trying to figure out what we did wrong!
idunno.gif
Btw my 9 yo daughter was fascinated by your action smiley face figures and showed me the ones she wanted me to use in my post! LOL

Amanda

Anybody else hatching plymouth rock this month? Mine are due the 22nd.
I have a few Barred's left in bator due saturday. Their shipped and very poor quality be surprised If I get a couple chicks from them. The leghorns I set with them are in little better shape but both have terrible air pockets. I have some BSL, Cochin crosses and some BA's due the same day.

My hatch dates are 8th 11th 22nd and 29th. Chicken Rouen duck and guineas. Broody hatching as I type. Guinea broody due sometime soon. And I hope/think another somewhere else sitting. So I will be busy and having to be super look out for babies outside.

Sorry be off for more than usual. Our new dog decided its better to chew on ethernet wire than chase poultry
hu.gif

Back
Top Bottom