June Hatch a Long

What have you got in the incubator? How do you cope with staggered hatches, turning and lockdown or are they in different incubators? Sounds like you had fun
thumbsup.gif

Hi Alibabe, I have 2 incubators. I incubate in one and hatch in the other. I try to keep them no less than 5 days apart. That gives any late hatchers time to get out and time for me to get hatcher cleaned for next bunch!
In the bator I have 12 Rhone Island Red, 1 Tolbunt, 8 Black Silkies, and 12 Cream Leghorns. I have 12 RIR in the hatcher. Getting ready to up the humidity and lock it down tomorrow.

Hi Alibabe, I have 2 incubators. I incubate in one and hatch in the other. I try to keep them no less than 5 days apart. That gives any late hatchers time to get out and time for me to get hatcher cleaned for next bunch!
In the bator I have 12 Rhone Island Red, 1 Tolbunt, 8 Black Silkies, and 20 Cream Legbars. I have 12 RIR in the hatcher. Getting ready to up the humidity and lock it down tomorrow.

Opps had to edit

In the bator I have 12 Rhone Island Red, 1 Tolbunt, 8 Black Silkies, and 12 Cream Leghorns. I have 12 RIR in the hatcher. Getting ready to up the humidity and lock it down tomorrow.

Wow, must make your head spin but how wonderful and exciting. I will be attempting my first hatch so will keep it as simple as possible. I am getting some RIR as well. Hopefully by the end of June we will all have some new chicks to cuddle
fl.gif

I might add mine are the Silkies and 1 Tolbunt. The RIR and Legbars I am hatching for others.

Hi everyone!!! SWAP was fun. And I barely walked around...lol There was so much there it was amazing. I bought hubby a John Wayne photo, so this wifey is in the good for a bit!
6,11,16,& 23 are my hatch days!
I love The Duke's westerns. I have some of the movies as part of my movie library. He was my grandfathers favorite actor.

Boy with those hatch dates you will no sooner get some out and adjusted and a new batch will be popping out. How wonderful!

I might add mine are the Silkies and 1 Tolbunt. The RIR and Legbars I am hatching for others.

I wish you could hatch for me but it is a bit far to send babies by mail with me being in the UK
gig.gif
I would love to get my granddaughter a silkie but as she only spends every 2nd weekend with me, I know it will be hell on wheels to take her home on a Sunday and leave her silkie behind so I had better not even go down that route!
th.gif

Last edited:
I have 3 babies! THey are silkied Chocolate/Mauve Amerucanas and I am soooooo excited!!!!
yippiechickie.gif
One of them was the egg I cracked when trying to float test!
th.gif

I wish you could hatch for me but it is a bit far to send babies by mail with me being in the UK
gig.gif
I would love to get my granddaughter a silkie but as she only spends every 2nd weekend with me, I know it will be hell on wheels to take her home on a Sunday and leave her silkie behind so I had better not even go down that route!
th.gif

My grand daughters LOVE my silkie babies. Right now I have 4.

Back
Top Bottom