June Hatch-A-Long

Wow, they've been through so much already! Quick thinking with the wax (I'll have to remember that one!).
fl.gif
Fingers crossed that these little troopers hatch for you!
Thanks. I think they might secretly be little cockroaches, because apparently they can survive an atomic blast lol.

here's the two cuties my broody button quail hen hatched out yesterday....their so fricken cute! and please excuse the dirty shavings...have left the hen and her mate completely alone except giving food and water since she started sitting as i didn't want to bother her...but i will be changing it soon now that she's hatched out babies

I just candled my shipped lavender Orpington eggs, 12 out of 15 are doing great. The other 3, 2 never developed any and the last was an earlier quitter. We are due to hatch next Thursday.

First chick all dry. A blue ameraucana. These are eggs from Padilla's Peeps and won all kinds of awards. I drove to get them. I haven't touched the egg that pipped on the wrong end, I'm assuming its dead now. I just don't think I can successfully assist.

It's easy to assist them when they are in the wrong end. Just peel the shell away and leave the membrane there, then try to peel the membrane back a little bit. If it bleeds stop. I usually wrap the egg in a warm moist paper towel and just keep peeling away at it until the chick can get out on their own.

Ok I couldn't resist. I pulled the shell off a tiny bit on the egg pipped on the wrong end. It's chirping! I wet it and put it back in. Put vaporizer on in my closet. The membrane was pretty dry. Hope it hatches now.

Look what hatched for us this morning! Our 33rd grandchild! No assistant necessary. lol...sharing all over BYC. He looks just like his older brother and dad.

Ok I couldn't resist. I pulled the shell off a tiny bit on the egg pipped on the wrong end. It's chirping! I wet it and put it back in. Put vaporizer on in my closet. The membrane was pretty dry. Hope it hatches now.

Good job. See was easy. Lol. Give it a bit and then Widen the hole. I always leave it to where the chick has enough room to get out and then I leave it to do its thing

Back
Top Bottom