Just a FFA girl needing some help with geese

That's what I thought the brown one has s smaller knob? But they both shriek much louder than the 2 we had. They were standing over the feed eating like they had not been fed in days. I suspect someone dumped them. Also why I think they are both ganders.

That's what I thought the brown one has s smaller knob? But they both shriek much louder than the 2 we had. They were standing over the feed eating like they had not been fed in days. I suspect someone dumped them. Also why I think they are both ganders.

They are Chinese, they are all loud lol.

Chinese are the undisputed loudest breed of geese. Brown Chinese and Brown Africans can be hard to tell the difference, especially with hatchery stock. Chinese are slimmer built, longer necked, and have larger knobs than Africans.
back to reading about the differences... good to know. thank you for taking the time to respond and enlighten me. I have spent years learning chickens, ducks and turkey but we have only had geese a few months now, so much to learn

Both goose an gander sound the same in Chinese breed? I heard they were the loudest but didn’t know there wasn’t any difference in their voices. So sweet you have given them a home bless their 💕

Both goose an gander sound the same in Chinese breed? I heard they were the loudest but didn’t know there wasn’t any difference in their voices. So sweet you have given them a home bless their 💕
I was slightly concerned that my DH would be skeptical but he didn't even bat an eye... huh I must have hit the sweet spot, where there are so many fowl that another 2 doesn't make a big difference?

Back
Top Bottom