Just a little "manly" or is this a roo?

KristanR

In the Brooder
Apr 5, 2015
When we got the girls, we were told they were all hens, however, our Miss Pink (yes, we're totally original) has developed a comb and waddles? I didn't notice this at all last week and then yesterday..BOOM.."She" is not any larger than the others, the only real difference is some darker feathering and now this comb & waddle. The "girls" are about 12-13 weeks old. I have a large and quite handsome rooster already, and we really don't wish to have another. We are going to be super bummed if she turns out to be a roo. Pink is the friendliest of the bunch, really outgoing and just super fun to watch. She and our Roo get along well and I would think that if she was actually a HE they wouldn't. Can I get some help? LOL

That's "her" in the middle, you can really see the face.

Here are some of her from the side. In the top pic she's the one at the top of the frame, and then the other is just her by herself.

Bummer...well I guess we'll move the pink band over to the little girl who doesn't have one. I'm sure she'll feel better about not being "naked". LOL I do appreciate the input, not really what we wanted but the world won't come to an end. I guess it just means we'll get some more chickens and put him in with them. :)

Sorry to be the bearers of bad news! I had the same problem...............three times! Now I'm using my Amber( named "her" before the crowing commenced) to get me more peeps! :)

Bummer...well I guess we'll move the pink band over to the little girl who doesn't have one.  I'm sure she'll feel better about not being "naked".  LOL  I do appreciate the input, not really what we wanted but the world won't come to an end.  I guess it just means we'll get some more chickens and put him in with them.  :)  

Well, at least he will have a good home :)

I was raised a "city girl" so I don't have a bunch of experience with animals other than dogs/cats. I am really enjoying the chickens! LOL it surprises me. And yes, he'll have a good home. Hubby and I have already talked about another enclosure and coop set up. I currently have a Jersey Giant Roo that I simply ADORE, even though he just sort of tolerates me..LOL I hold him every day so I can sing to him and tell him that he's handsome. LOL I worry about "mean" Roos so I am doing what I can with him while he's young. I guess now I will have two feather handbags to carry. If this keeps up I may have one for each season!
wink.png

I was raised a "city girl" so I don't have a bunch of experience with animals other than dogs/cats.  I am really enjoying the chickens!  LOL  it surprises me.  And yes, he'll have a good home.  Hubby and I have already talked about another enclosure and coop set up.  I currently have a Jersey Giant Roo that I simply ADORE, even though he just sort of tolerates me..LOL  I hold him every day so I can sing to him and tell him that he's handsome.  LOL  I worry about "mean" Roos so I am doing what I can with him while he's young.  I guess now I will have two feather handbags to carry.  If this keeps up I may have one for each season! ;)

:)

Back
Top Bottom