1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Just a thanks for the help!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by biteme2134, Nov 14, 2014.

1. biteme2134

biteme2134 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2013
    GA
    My Coop
    So the temperature dropped to about 28 last night. I went out about 9pm and put in my first fish tank heater in my hanging 5 gallon waterer. This morning I went out about 7am before work. The two 2 gallon waterer buckets had not heater and were frozen solid! But my 5 gallon with the fish tank heater was still dripping water when I poked the nipples!

No more changing 40 pound ice buckets in 20 degree weather! Woot woot! Thanks that was the best idea ever!

Now just don't rain on my extension cord.....

2. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    Get one of those cord weather/waterproof boxes..I got a Sockitbox from Amazon, you may find one locally.

Cheaper and quicker is a turned upside down bucket and suspend the connection inside off the ground….or just tape a ziplock over the connection and hang if off the ground.

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by