Just adopted a deployed Hero

Quote:
appreciate the thanks
big_smile.png
!! Born and raised near truman lake here!

edited to notice that ya'll are from MY MISSOURI. Whoo hoo. Born and raised near Springfield.

Missouri chick: Me and my family live in Braymer MO, 1 hr NE of KC, raised there, 20 years Navy, returned here and am now getting started on our 10 acres!​

Quote:
I am surprised that nobody pointed this out already. The way that I was raised (and is still fairly common) you became a man when your father said that you were. I am fairly confident that the father of soldier that you are sponsoring would never use the word ‘boy’ in the manner that you did when referring to his son (and neither would Uncle Sam).

As far as I kow my government does not put children in uniform (or otherwise) into battle, unlike many others around the world - if there is other information I would like to hear about it. We have volunteer professional (although generally underpaid) armed services that protect our liberties and deserve our respect. An 18 year-old serving honorably in Iraq is more of a man than I.

Thanks to the OP for drawing attention to these charities. We all need to do something for those who are doing everything.

Quote:
I am surprised that nobody pointed this out already. The way that I was raised (and is still fairly common) you became a man when your father said that you were. I am fairly confident that the father of soldier that you are sponsoring would never use the word ‘boy’ in the manner that you did when referring to his son (and neither would Uncle Sam).

As far as I kow my government does not put children in uniform (or otherwise) into battle, unlike many others around the world - if there is other information I would like to hear about it. We have volunteer professional (although generally underpaid) armed services that protect our liberties and deserve our respect. An 18 year-old serving honorably in Iraq is more of a man than I.

Thanks to the OP for drawing attention to these charities. We all need to do something for those who are doing everything.

I am sure she meant no disrespect what so ever....I am only 34 and when I hear about a 20 year old who is putting thier life on the line everyday yes the thought goes through my mind "he is just a boy" he has so much to live for and pray to god that he/she comes home safe....and when I hear on the news that another has passed mt heart breaks and yes I say to myself he was just a boy and by no means do I ever mean it as a sign of disrespect In fact I have adopted 2 soliders one came home safely July 17 and the other is deployed until mid december so in no way shape or form to I have any dispespect all of the brave men and women of the Armed forces

Adopt a canadian Solider at
http://www.trevlac.biz/Chosen_Soldier.htm

Quote:

I am sure she meant no disrespect what so ever....I am only 34 and when I hear about a 20 year old who is putting thier life on the line everyday yes the thought goes through my mind "he is just a boy" he has so much to live for and pray to god that he/she comes home safe....and when I hear on the news that another has passed mt heart breaks and yes I say to myself he was just a boy and by no means do I ever mean it as a sign of disrespect In fact I have adopted 2 soliders one came home safely July 17 and the other is deployed until mid december so in no way shape or form to I have any dispespect all of the brave men and women of the Armed forces

Adopt a canadian Solider at
http://www.trevlac.biz/Chosen_Soldier.htm

I agree. I don't think any disrespect was meant. Of course I think of my cousin who was killed in Iraq as a man, but I also look at all the things he was never able to do in life and marvel at how young he was. Things like marry his fiance or watch his little girl grow up.

ABSOLUTLY NO DISRESPECT WAS EVER INTENDED!!!!!!!

By the term "BOY" it is to say that this is a VERY young person. He's not even old enough to buy liquor. I'm sure we can all remember being 20 years old, there is so much that you have not experienced at that age. Your adult life is just beginning. In my parents eyes, I'll always be their little girl.

SO, if you felt this was in disrespect, you are very mistaken. I thank you to those of you who understand what my TRUE meaning is.

Now, no more ugly talk here. This is a thread of support. OK?

Aussiesharon, I've taken up your idea. Sending to the group as a whole for holidays is a wonderful thing to do. I appreciate you starting this thread. I've passed on info,,,other friends are going to join Soldier's Angels.

Missouri chick that is awesome. I know you'll bring smiles to their faces.

I for one never thought for a second you meant any disrespect by saying your hero was a "boy" One of my adopted was 19 and HE called himself a boy and others in his unit "boys" too. He was young, fresh out of High School when he joined and up until joining the Army had never been out of his home State.

I know at 19 and 20 I was still a "girl" no doubt about it
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom