Just adopted a deployed Hero

AussieSharon

Songster
12 Years
Dec 18, 2007
Virginia
I'm so excited. I just adopted another deployed Hero. I've been doing so for about the past 4 years and have loved every second of it.

For anyone interested you can check out

www.soldiersangels.org
www.anysoldier.com

If you know of anyone who is deployed and could use some extra mail / support they are both great organizations.

Last edited:
If you join Soldiers Angels you can officially adopt a deployed Hero. You are asked to write them a weekly letter and send a monthly carepackage. The amount you send is up to you. Many of the heroes I've adopted have internet service so I've sent many emails back and forth with them. Some are really good about writing back and others aren't but even if you don't hear from them you are asked to keep writing. Some just don't know what to say or are out on missions a lot. I've had a few that never wrote to me until after they got back to the States to say that they didn't have time to write but loved every letter they got.

Anysoldier.com lets you choose from a huge list of contacts. Many of whom pass on mail to those who don't get any or very little. The contacts keep an updated post under their name so you know what they are up to and they can list anyr equests they have. I often pick a random name from anysoldier.com and send a postcard. I've had many reply and have formed some wonderful friendships.

OH, thank you for posting this. My friends brother came home with his ENTIRE platoon
woot.gif
woot.gif
. I need a new soldier to tend to.

This is an awesome thread! I was just thinking about doing this as a homeschool project for us next year. Thanks for the links, the whole idea just got a lot easier!
smile.png

Sharon I can't thank you enough. I applied as soon as you gave me the link and was approved! I received my soldiers name within 5 minutes. I've already emailed him to let him know that my class and I have adopted him. He is part of a 16 man team so we will include all of them.
Kat

Quote:
So glad they are all home safe. Please say a big THANK YOU for me.

Kat that is awesome! Glad you got your soldier's info so fast! I hope you and your students have a lot of fun.

Back
Top Bottom