Just Bought a GQF 1202 Sportsman Cabinet....Need Help

eldonrgv

Songster
Oct 5, 2016
Roma Texas
I just bought a used GQF 1202 for $100!!! Works great, just set 90 eggs on it and temp is holding 100-101, so I'm good. The only thing wrong is that the automatic turner is not working, I have to turn the trays manually by flipping the switch. My question is where can I get the automatic timer? Or is it the motor that burned? I think it's the timer because I can still turn them manually with the switch and the motor seems to work well. Has anyone with the 1202 had this trouble before and how they went to fix it? Thanks

I just bought a used GQF 1202 for $100!!! Works great, just set 90 eggs on it and temp is holding 100-101, so I'm good. The only thing wrong is that the automatic turner is not working, I have to turn the trays manually by flipping the switch. My question is where can I get the automatic timer? Or is it the motor that burned? I think it's the timer because I can still turn them manually with the switch and the motor seems to work well. Has anyone with the 1202 had this trouble before and how they went to fix it? Thanks

Could be the timer motor or a switch. I for sure would have gotten that working before putting eggs in it because you will need to take the back or top off to trouble shoot it. Might just want to get through this hatch turning manually then work on it. You can get everything you need from GQF and other on-line sources.

Could be the timer motor or a switch. I for sure would have gotten that working before putting eggs in it because you will need to take the back or top off to trouble shoot it. Might just want to get through this hatch turning manually then work on it. You can get everything you need from GQF and other on-line sources.

Thanks for your input. I think it might be the switch since the motor works when I do it manually instead of automatically. I'm planning on doing this hatch manually, no intent of fixing it during the nxt 3 weeks but since it's first time with this problem on a 1202 I was just asking for anyone with this kind of problems before.

Thanks for your input. I think it might be the switch since the motor works when I do it manually instead of automatically. I'm planning on doing this hatch manually, no intent of fixing it during the nxt 3 weeks but since it's first time with this problem on a 1202 I was just asking for anyone with this kind of problems before.

I have had this problem before------It has a timer motor as well as a turner motor, you know the turner motor is working, The timer motor is kinda like a clock motor---if its not working then it will not activate the switches to turn on the turner motor. Could be a switch but probably the timer motor. Even the switch you are turning on the turner might have a problem, but probably not. That switch should be a 3 position----one way manually turns the turner motor on----center turns off the turner motor where it will not work even it the timer motor was activated and the other position for automatic.

Last edited:
It has a timer motor as well as a turner motor, you know the turner motor is working, The timer motor is kinda like a clock motor---if its not working then it will not activate the switches to turn on the turner motor. Could be a switch but probably the timer motor.

See....one learns something new everyday. Had a 1202 several yrs ago and never had a problem with it, sold it when I moved to South Texas. So the timer motor is sold separate or do I have to buy the whole enchilada? (Switch, timer motor, turner motor, etc) and if separate how much does GQF is selling it for nowadays?

See....one learns something new everyday. Had a 1202 several yrs ago and never had a problem with it, sold it when I moved to South Texas. So the timer motor is sold separate or do I have to buy the whole enchilada? (Switch, timer motor, turner motor, etc) and if separate how much does GQF is selling it for nowadays?

It is sold separate for $30 to $40 bucks and comes with a couple new switches.

I have never replaced a turner motor, if it does not work I just get it out and throw it away and put in new electronic controller that controls ALL----works so much better.

So was it the timer motor? I’m having the same issue. I’ve had this incubator constantly running for years so it looks like parts might be wearing out. I’m about to order a timer motor but wondering if that was the issue.

Back
Top Bottom