1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

JUST BOUGHT FROM IDEAL SHIP ON 10/22

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by nayeli, Sep 27, 2014.

1. nayeli

nayeli Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2014
    We are down a couple chickens currently. We have bantams, 1 roo and 1 hen both white silkies. With winter coming up I knew I needed more so they could stay warm in their coop so I bought a new hen at the flea market today (one near us has animal sales) but I fell in love with the silver sebrights so I ordered a couple from Ideal Poultry (its in TX which is nearby and still has some due to the climate probably). I ordered 2 random bantams, 3 sebrights, and 3 white silkies! I'm hoping I get at least 3 hens out of 8!! 1 of each MINIMUM! I'm also hoping since its a small order they will be able to ship it in four days =))

2. lightchick

lightchick Overrun With Chickens

Apr 3, 2014
    Minnesota
    I bought a Silkie from Ideal and I love her! Good luck with your new babies! Hope that they arrive safely!

3. nayeli

Jan 18, 2014
    Can I see a picture of her? What color? I'm getting really excited having read a bunch of good reviews!

4. lightchick

Apr 3, 2014
    Minnesota
    She's a partridge. These are old pics. She's 21 weeks old at the moment.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. nayeli

Jan 18, 2014
    Thanks! Has she started laying yet?

6. lightchick

Apr 3, 2014
    Minnesota
    Nope. Not yet! I hope she starts soon though!

7. jtn42248

jtn42248 Overrun With Chickens

Just a suggestion. The color you have selected for your font is almost impossible to read. Perhaps something in a darker shade.

8. nayeli

Jan 18, 2014
    Sorry! I'll just stick to black. There is a similar color I use on a different forum that shows up great but I see what you mean!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by