Just broody or something worrisome?

Chikkiepoo

In the Brooder
May 8, 2017
GA
My 6 month old Fauvacana began laying 3 weeks ago and layed an egg every day until 4 days ago. Now she sits on the empty nest for hours at a time but has not laid an egg. She occasionally comes out for a few minutes to free range, but is sleeping on the nest. Also she is mean as spit while on nest. I have no rooster. Just want to be sure this isn't a sign of a blockage or anything to worry about. Thanks for your help!

:frowIt does sound like she's broody.
When my Charlotte girl pulled the broody game she was also mean as spit! Lol!
Also found out she was only getting out long enough to eat and drink.
She'd only poop once in a days time and it was horrendous stinch!! :sickApparently they'll hold off from bathroom breaks too!!
I started shewing her out , mad or not!
After a few days of not letting her she gave up. Not without a fight tho! Good luck!!

:frowIt does sound like she's broody.
When my Charlotte girl pulled the broody game she was also mean as spit! Lol!
Also found out she was only getting out long enough to eat and drink.
She'd only poop once in a days time and it was horrendous stinch!! :sickApparently they'll hold off from bathroom breaks too!!
I started shewing her out , mad or not!
After a few days of not letting her she gave up. Not without a fight tho! Good luck!!

Thanks for you reassurance! Having chickens for less than two years, I don't know what I would do without this site and all you generous and knowledgeable folks.

Back
Top Bottom