just checked on chicks...in coop for the first night!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by blueheaven, May 3, 2009.

1. blueheaven

blueheaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2009
    Central Indiana
    just moved my 2 week old chicks to the coop (with infrad red heat lamp) to their coop. they just loved the space. so i decided to move them for good.

just went and checked on them before bed...
    franny (columbian wyandotte) was by herself. all the others (except freo the black australorp roosting on the edge of the nest boxes...butt facing the litter) were together sprawled out sleeping. i felt sorry for franny. so sad to see her alone. hope she is 'getting along' with the others.

i just love going out to check on them. however, it was nice when they were in the house...i do miss them.

2. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Congrats on taking the next step in chickenkeeping. You'll be surprised at how much they blossom from here on out. They really do seem to prefer life in the coop.

3. giasmom

giasmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2009
    Woodville, Al
    Thats great! I'm sure Franny will be fine , just keep an eye on her.

4. Kezzie

Kezzie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2009
    Coastal Georgia
    Quote:I know I will feel the same way when mine go outside (but at the same time I will do a happy dance that they're out of the house). I'm going to set up a chicken cam so I can see them from my computer while I'm working. You may want to try that.

5. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

Quote:Exactly that.

6. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    I agree with the other posts. Congratulation on taking the next step too...... They grow so fast.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by