Just checking on these gals are gals.

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by megpie021, May 21, 2017.

1. megpie021

megpie021 Chirping

Feb 25, 2017
    Mchenry, Illinois
    Okay so all of them were bought as pullets, from two different feed stores. They are almost 7 weeks old. AND VERY UNCOOPERATIVE. The Light Brahma is normally as pink as is shown in the pictures. The Welsummer isnt normally that pink, and it could very well be because I had to chase her around the garage as she tried to make a run for it when I opened up the walls on the pool. The Easter Egger doesnt have much color, but I have felt the comb is wide and that the legs look a little chunky. I know the one picture of Sassy the Welsummer is blurry, but it shows her chest color best. I couldnt get a clear picture of her standing to save my life. No one else is as flighty as she is. cream puff and olive.jpg cream puff head shot.jpg cream puff standing.jpg olive standing.jpg olives head shot.jpg sassafrass color.jpg sassy comb .jpg sassy.jpg

2. debid

debid Crowing

Jan 20, 2011
    middle TN
    Looks like 3 pullets. The Welsummer is 100% sure because the feather pattern is gender-specific.

3. SueT

SueT Crossing the Road

May 27, 2015
    SW MO
    I think pullets as well. And, at 7 weeks, they are plenty big enough to be out in the coop, you don't need to keep them in the garage any more.

4. megpie021

megpie021 Chirping

Feb 25, 2017
    Mchenry, Illinois
    Awesome. Thank you. I thought Sassy looked right for a pullet, but just thought I would check. And we are working on integrating them with the four in the coop already. This should be done pretty soon, as visits are going pretty okay.

5. Chicken Girl1

Chicken Girl1 Queen of the Coop

Mar 3, 2015
    Virginia
    Look like pullets

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: