Just curious who else is living super frugal

OR you can freeze the left over buttermilk

http://www.thekitchn.com/got-leftover-buttermilk-freeze-it-tips-from-the-kitchn-58239

one tablespoon cubes then once frozen throw it in a freezer bag.... Already measured out...

deb

You can also use lemon juice to make buttermilk.....
thumbsup.gif
..... Kool!

Some frugal fencing & a frugal barn. All discarded material for free and pallets for little cost, some of those free as well. Some new nails, however I also went so far as to straighten nails and using those.

Frame and roof was an old covered sand box from my work, cost me tearing it down.

You build like we do.
big_smile.png
Our local lumber yard keeps a pile of pallets in a special place just for us for free. Wild. Working on finishing up a new chicken house with some but I have to wait for hubby to cut them apart. I can't manage the sawsall and the boards are attached with ring-shanked nails so I can't just pull them apart without tearing the boards up.

This summer we even built a seating area on our patio for ourselves out of recycled pallets. We were going to build a table too, but found a rectangular glass one on clearance for $20.

All my friends call me extremely frugal. I am going to read a bit thru this thread & would like to post some of my experiences
big_smile.png

I buy straw for my chickens in bags, called broken bales for $1 each! The bales run $5-$6 each around here. I figure there is about 1/2 bale shoved in each bag.

Years ago when my son was little I got this idea......I took him trick or treating, then when we got done, I secretly confiscated some of the nicer candy. I put the candy in his stocking at Christmas time-so I have less to buy. I now do the same with my daughter.

I have not bought a brand new piece of clothing in YEARS! We always shop at 2nd hand stores. I have a favorite one that will clearance out their children's clothes at 50 cents each. $1 for a whole outfit!!! You betcha!

Building a new greenhouse for the winter. Attaching it to the south side of the house to help heat the bedrooms. Spent $15. Already have tomato starts from my summer garden rooted. Going to grow zucchini that I can't grow in summer because of the squash bugs. Then lettuce and cabbages. Already have grow lights and make my own compost. I figure I'll easily save $15 on heating costs so it will pay for itself.

Back
Top Bottom