Just curious!

Pics
Hey, You aren't being rude!I get it, Ya have to go, You have to go, Right? :D

Yes, I will read it ASAP!I have to go to a Libary today because I am taking part in a Fourth Of July parade, and I have to drop some things off :)
Aww, Poor little Abigail!
Good luck!
-CC1215
P.S.I LOVE Barred Rocks.

To Cluckcluck1215:
WE love Plymouth Barred Rocks too! And...I'm amazed to see that I'm not the only one who things pet rats are neat! If I wanted one, I'd get a white one and would raise him from a baby. They are clean - just like the others - it's people's FILTH that attract them for food only!

Same with pigs! Pigs are immaculately clean animals, but have to stay cool so they use mud and/or dirt to keep cool and prevent sun burn, just like elephants, rhinos, etc. !

I love all animals...except crocs, gators, poisonous snakes (harmless ones are cool too), domestic cats and squirrels! Love BIG CATS however. So majestic and powerful!

Reminds me of my Henrietta....lol!
chicken_credt_crunch.jpg

Yes...you are right about the Garlic Juice, but the object is to get the most for my money but not short-change them. You have to buy GJ online and that includes S&H which makes buying it not very cost-effective for this retiired gal! :)

I took pics of their legs and compared them to the THOUSANDS on line showing what their legs look like with scales caused by mites and it matches them to a T!

Guess it's better than having to deal with an internal pest, but today Abby's leg's got squirted with the Poultry Protector so many times, she's getting used to it!

I'm watching them closely (was going to say "like a hawk" but...well, you know!) and they both appear to be at least feeling better - but it's only been one day!

Tonight - as soon as they go to roost inside their coop....I'm spraying the Permethrin 10% (less when diluted) in their run, bottom of coop, and cove! Doesn't take much of that....but if it rains...it's a 'no go"....so we'll see!

Thanks for your post, DJ! :)

Linda in NC

SAM_8164.JPG

SAM_8171.JPG

SAM_8173.JPG

Yes!I, Myself have NEVER owned a rat, But I just think they are so cute!i hate calling thems RATS, It's sound like calling them a pest or something, So I call them Mini Dogs :p

Crocs, Gators and Sharks are three things I can't handle!
(Expect for Dog sharks, Love them!I petted one once!)

Anyway, I really Dnt have much more advice for you, Sorry!

If I get any more "advice" my head will explode...lol! :barnie lol!

She is a Plymouth barred rock, no doubt. I think she is already molting and clearly is missing feather for it. She is probably just a little bit if an odd ball! She just has a unique personality but I think she may have another breed in her bloodlines beocuse of the different colored eggs

Yeah! Someone finally responded to my unusual question! :) She is so much taller and thinner than Abby, she makes Abby look short & fat! I mean you can see it in the pics!

They both adore each other (if they do that kinda thing) and eat, drink, run around after bugs and like to sleep together in the nests at night (WINTER ONLY) that I had to remove the divider between the two "nesting areas" so they wouldn't be stuffed in one like sardines...lol!

But her eggs are like her (Henrietta) - elongated and 1/2 as dark as Abby's eggs! I know by the egg - who laid it....how many out there can make that claim? But, of course, I only have two hens...lol!

Glad you didn't tell me she was "inferior" and I should "cull her" - that was not what I wanted to hear on this forum...ever! :(
Thanks again, Clucksworth12 and I hope you have an EGGcelent day! :goodpost:

Linda in NC

Here's a pic of my "girls"....in their 14-foot run this month:
SAM_8174.JPG

JUST IN CASE....I've got to catch my girls - I just ordered this from Ebay....saw many similar to this one but for 3 to 5 times the money! Check this out if anyone is looking for a safe, humane way to catch chickens....I saw it first on Amazon and it said it "rocked for catching them!" That's why I found the same thing on ebay for cheap! :) Here's the description to help you find it. The NET MESHING is super important!

Of course, I always say "USA only, buy now, new & free shipping!"

Triangula Telescopic Fishing Landing Net 3 Section Extending Pole Folding Handle
Item price $9.99

Hope I don't have to use it for treating them, but if we have a bad weather alert I can use it to catch them and put them gently into their new dog kennel carriers and take them inside with us for a few hours if their is a hurricane or tornado!

Better safe than sorry, right?

Linda in NC

Back
Top Bottom