Just Ducky from WV

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Cherrie Cumpston, Jun 21, 2017.

1. Cherrie Cumpston

Cherrie Cumpston In the Brooder

May 31, 2017
    I am a new caretaker of three ducks, a pekin (Daisy), a cayuga (Peepers) and last but not least a rouen (lucy lu). I have had them about 6 weeks. This has been truly a, fly by the seat of your pants, learning experience! One I have thoroughly enjoyed regardless of the work involved. The rouen (lucy) has bonded with me with the other two being much shyer. I also have four cats, Samson, Saphira, Fergie and Punkin (a feral kitten we found behind our garage), two green-cheeked conures (Paco and Paquita). My husband and I have also adopted the mother (Maddie) of the feral kitten we found and she is living in the garage with her five newborns (yes, we are having her spayed as soon as possible). We have very busy lives keeping everyone fed and watered. ;-)) I am also a certified copic marker instructor that teaches cardmaking and rubberstamping. We love our animals and work very hard to see they are properly cared for. We are both retired (over 60) and feel God has truly blessed us. I am very thankful that a website such as this exists and have already used it extensively.

2. Debs Flock

Debs Flock Is it Spring yet?? Premium Member

Apr 28, 2015
    Jefferson County, MO
    :welcome

I can certainly understand you & your husband being busy. What a great family!

Cherrie Cumpston likes this.
  3. KikisGirls

KikisGirls Reading. Must read more. Premium Member Project Manager

Jul 31, 2015
    Houston, TX
    My Coop
    Welcome to the wonderful life of having bird pets!
    Here is a video to help you learn how to navigate this site.

4. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Flockless Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hello and welcome to BYC - thanks for joining us

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Glad to hear BYC has been of use to you.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by