Just for fun, araucana gender guess

AusHen

Crowing
5 Years
Jun 21, 2018
QLD Australia
Awful photos I know, little ones won't stay still and I used my old phone lol. These are 6-7 week old Australian standard araucana so i would say similar to Ameraucanas?. I'm thinking I have at least one cockerel and one pullet, the little one I'm waiting until it's bigger to make a guess
_20181111_003732.JPG Screenshot_20181111-003355.png IMG_20181108_165434.jpg

I am not seeing any cockerels, all look like pullets so far. They are not Ameraucanas or araucanas either as far as I'm concerned. Maybe an araucana x polish.

Thank you, @Gray Farms; they are indeed Araucana. I see a cockerel and a pullet; the darker in the back looks like a pullet too, but need a clearer picture to be certain.

Are they Lavender? They look very light, though it could be the photo rather than the birds themselves.

Ah yes, that makes sense. They look like a nice group; hopefully the Lav is another pullet.

It's not that we have different standards persay, but we have two forms of Araucana; the Rumpless, which is known in the US as Araucana, or the Tailed, which are what you have. They have and likely will always be my favourite; productive, good foragers, and beautiful to look at. I hope you will enjoy the breed as much as I do.

Back
Top Bottom