Just found BYC and thought I should say "hi" :)

cheekyerica

In the Brooder
8 Years
Dec 8, 2011
Finger Lakes / Central NY
Hello everyone!
big_smile.png
I'm Erica and I found your fantastic forum today while researching different kinds of chickens and ducks.
I'm currently in the UK (I'm the US cit. my husband is the brit) and we're in the process of moving back to the states (NH) and starting a life where we can have more "country"....which means we can have Chickens & ducks and whatever else we can take care of (and not feel overwhelmed by!)

We've discussed getting a couple of chickens (when we've made the move & found the right house) and of course we'd discussed having ducks someday too (although I'm not sure how difficult it is to keep them--maybe it's beyond me). The chickens would be just for eggs since we're both softies and wouldn't want to eat them (pet chickens? do people keep them just for pets without being mocked?)

Anyway I just wanted to say hi, and to let you know that chances are I'm going to lurking & reading a lot and just trying to learn as I go along. Although we've just sold our house it'll probably be 6-12 months before we actually move home.

Thanks for having this forum (its so packed with things for me to read!)

Erica

Last edited:
frow.gif

Hey, howdy from this part of California!

Do people have pet chickens?!?! Oh, without being mocked..... Well, certainly not here on BYC!

I'm pretty certain I've missed quite a few eye-rolling moments from folks when I turn away from a discussion about MY pet chickens.

So glad you found BYC - it's the premier forum for chicken keeping people!

Back
Top Bottom