Just found BYC and thought I should say "hi" :)

welcome-byc.gif
from Twentynine Palms in the California high desert! You'll find that BYC folks are very friendly and knowledgeable and always eager to help.

Warning: BYC can become seriously addicting!!
wink.png

Wow! Thanks everyone for the really warm & friendly greetings!
big_smile.png

I'm so glad to have found the forum, and I really look forward to picking your brains and learning all I can!
(I already have fallen in love with how Cayuga ducks look, and hope to find out which of the chickens are the friendliest!) We're raising them as pets (and maybe the occasional egg to bake with/cook with)
wink.png

Now, I'm just hoping we move even faster!

Oh, I guess I'm supposed to tell you all a bit more about me! I've got a wonderful husband (Mark), and two cats (Harley & Electra) and I'm artistically inclined. I like to paint, and I collect dolls & action figures (and I sew, and bake).

Thanks again everyone!
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Welcome!
Many people do indeed keep 'pet chickens', as you asked.... there are certain, more ornamental or cuddly breeds that don't lay as well and are often kept for pets.
smile.png

HAVE FUN!

Hi Erica! Welcome from Australia.
welcome-byc.gif

BYC is such a great place, you'll get to meet people from everywhere.
wink.png

All the best for your move to the States! You'll love having chickens, even here in the city they're a blast to have around.
tongue.png

I do like to paint as well, I've posted a couple of my pictures here on BYC, although I wouldn't go as far as to call them very good.
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom