just found eggs

samandmike

In the Brooder
10 Years
Feb 5, 2009
i porbly sound stupid but hear goes i just found 4 eggs been checking every day and could not find any buy today i was up earlyer and heard one squacking alot so i went to feed and water and look for eggs idident see any buy felt on the shelf that i havent been able to look on and found them thay feel slightly warm one is rir one is whight rock i have a roo with them do you think that i should leave them and see if thay will hatch not shure how long thay wear thear or witch one layed i hade rir and roo about 2 monthes whight rock only about two weeks rir hen stays up high the other hen gets down

dont know just started with chickens i havent seen eather of them sitting up whear i found the eggs but the rir dosent want to get on the floor she is verry tame and i think she sees me coming to coop and runs to meat me at the door every day

sorry i take so long to reply the topic list showes no reply on my screen and im not verry good typer

If no hen is sitting on them now, chances are they will rot before your hen decides to brood them. If she ever does. I would collect them. If you really want to hatch chicks like this, then replace them with fake eggs or golf balls or smooth rocks. Store the eggs in a cool dark place. Wait a week, if one of your hens starts brooding on the golf balls, then switch out the balls for the eggs. Otherwise, eat them after a week.

To err on the side of caution I would just toss these out
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom