just found eggs

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by samandmike, Mar 18, 2009.

1. samandmike

samandmike Out Of The Brooder

Feb 5, 2009
    i porbly sound stupid but hear goes i just found 4 eggs been checking every day and could not find any buy today i was up earlyer and heard one squacking alot so i went to feed and water and look for eggs idident see any buy felt on the shelf that i havent been able to look on and found them thay feel slightly warm one is rir one is whight rock i have a roo with them do you think that i should leave them and see if thay will hatch not shure how long thay wear thear or witch one layed i hade rir and roo about 2 monthes whight rock only about two weeks rir hen stays up high the other hen gets down

2. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    Do you have a broody hen?

3. samandmike

Feb 5, 2009
    dont know just started with chickens i havent seen eather of them sitting up whear i found the eggs but the rir dosent want to get on the floor she is verry tame and i think she sees me coming to coop and runs to meat me at the door every day

4. samandmike

Feb 5, 2009
    sorry i take so long to reply the topic list showes no reply on my screen and im not verry good typer

5. pkeeler

pkeeler Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2008
    Shamong
    If no hen is sitting on them now, chances are they will rot before your hen decides to brood them. If she ever does. I would collect them. If you really want to hatch chicks like this, then replace them with fake eggs or golf balls or smooth rocks. Store the eggs in a cool dark place. Wait a week, if one of your hens starts brooding on the golf balls, then switch out the balls for the eggs. Otherwise, eat them after a week.

6. samandmike

Feb 5, 2009
    will thay still be good to eat i dont know how long thay have been thear

7. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    To err on the side of caution I would just toss these out [​IMG]

8. samandmike

Feb 5, 2009
    is thear any way to tell if thay can still be good to eat

9. Chicky Tocks

Chicky Tocks [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2666.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Ru

Oct 20, 2008
    Benton, Arkansas
    Put them in a sinkfull of water. If they float, toss them out.

10. samandmike

Feb 5, 2009
    cool or warm can i still try to hatch after 7 days if one starts to sit

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by