Just found tiny eggs?

Jimagination

Songster
12 Years
Mar 17, 2007
Lancaster, PA
My children just gathered eggs from the coop and there were two that were the size a pigeon egg. It was the same color and spotted as the other eggs my Marans lay, but I have never had one this tiny. Any smalled and it would have looked like a brown robins egg. Is this normal?

yes ive had some eggs that size.do you have any pullets just starting to lay.if not they couldve just made a tiny egg for some strange reason.

Could be a cow bird egg.

From Wikipedia:

"These birds feed on insects, including the large numbers that may be stirred up by cattle. In order for the birds to remain mobile and stay with the herd, they have adapted by laying their eggs in other birds' nests. The cowbird will watch for when its host lays eggs, and when the nest is left unattended, the female will come in and lay its own eggs."

*My son & I were looking for an egg we thought Chook may have dropped randomly in the yard & found a tiny hatched egg. I was looking it over carefully. DS says " That's not it, Mom-- That's a lizard egg." (As if I didn't know that already!!!) Don't supposd you'd have that in PA though. . .
wink.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom