Just got back from the Reptile Show [DUW]

Kanchii

Crowing
15 Years
Sep 8, 2007
San Rafael, California
I took a bunch of pics, it was a lot of fun and I met some cool people and the guy we get our reptiles from for Pet Arcade (the petstore i work at) was there so I hung out with him and talked about snakes for a while, that was cool. And there were guys like "oh wow a chick that likes snakes! Cool!" haha, good stuff. So sure enough I was really really tempted to buy a few things, like a thai bamboo rat snake, a rainbow boa, a beautiful reverse okeetee and some crested geckos... But I don't have the money or room for any more pets, so what did I do? I bought a pair of hissing cockroaches LOL because they don't need much space or much of anything, really. Their pics are at the bottom. Enjoy!

Untitled-1.jpg

reptileshow003.jpg

reptileshow004.jpg

reptileshow005.jpg

reptileshow006.jpg

reptileshow007.jpg

reptileshow008.jpg

reptileshow009.jpg

reptileshow010.jpg

reptileshow011.jpg

reptileshow012.jpg

reptileshow013.jpg

reptileshow014.jpg

reptileshow015.jpg

reptileshow016.jpg

reptileshow017.jpg

reptileshow018.jpg

reptileshow019.jpg

reptileshow021.jpg

reptileshow022.jpg

reptileshow023.jpg

reptileshow024.jpg

reptileshow025.jpg

reptileshow026.jpg

reptileshow027.jpg

reptileshow028.jpg

reptileshow029.jpg

All of the other hissing cockroaches:
reptileshow001.jpg

Ok here's Fred and Wilma (like from the Flintstones) and the pretty bracelet I also got (I'm sure Fred and Wilma don't like it too much):
reptileshow032.jpg

Cool underside of Wilma:
reptileshow034.jpg

They love oranges. Wilma is the bigger, lighter colored one on the right that's "talking":
reptileshow039.jpg

big_smile.png
Wow, cool! I want to go to a reptile show, they look like so much fun! I love it when the guys realize that they aren't the only people who like snakes. I love snakes, I have been thinking about getting a butter corn snake, they are so beautiful, I miss having snakes.

Quote:
I looooove butter corns. And the nice thing about getting a reptile at a show is that they are way cheaper (think of all the competition) and there are SO many snakes you can find anything you want. I saw tons of cool varieties of corns like pewters, creamsicles, ect

Madison, I did not think your "Awesome Scale" could go up more, but holy guacamole, it did! I wanted some Roaches so bad, but my mom said absolutely not. I knew you'd buy something though, haha. Ahh, they are so cool! Next time Im going to have to get some, they are just too awesome. Awesome pics as well! A few of those set ups/snakes look familiar, I bet they were at Sacramento! Really great photos. Is that a Monkey-Tailed Skink I see? Ahh, so cool!

Ohhh, and I see the Wildlife Warrior Wristband I sent youuuuu! lol

Last edited:
Oh yeah I meant to say "see jordan im still wearing it" with that picture as well but I forgot, hahaha!

What can I say? I'm just totally awesome. The roaches are fun, I was just holding Wilma in my left hand while typing with my right and she was just chilling there for like 5 minutes not moving and my thumb lightly touched her and she hissed so loud I almost flung her she scared me so bad! Lol!

Yeah, you've got to get a pair next time! I'm sure there were plenty of snakes that were at the sac show, yeah. and I have no idea what a monkey tailed skink is LOL *goes to google it* oh yeah that must be what that big green lizard was, he was very friendly, letting all the kids pet him and stuff.

nice!!..i never realized thay have so many other things besides snakes....(although i could do without the roaches...*shivers*..)..that albino (purple) snake i could take though!!...
love.gif
....and the turtles...thanks for the pics...i just may go to the next one around my area..thanks..Wendy

Oh boy, you guys are making me sooooo jealous!! I went to a reptile show in Florida once and it was awesome. I'll have to find out where there are some local ones. I know there are some in PA every now and then. Though that might be a dangerous thing for me to go to! I just KNOW I would come back with something.

Oh, wow! What an awesome array of snakes & geckos! And those bearded dragons are just adorable - so is that skink. Awww, look @ the little poison dart frogs!! My goodness - this show must've been so much fun! Although I would've passed right on by all the creepy-crawlies... sorry, not for me... you can keep those cockroaches to yourself too. *lol* I'll stick to the reptiles!!

Great pics! Thanks for sharing!!

Quote:
Haha, well I noticed!

Dude, totally. Haha! Yeah, I bet! My brother ate one once to get in the front of a line at an amusement park. I would have said I'd eat it, then run away with it for a pet, haha. I have got to get me some though! Ahh, they are too cool.Yes, that is the MTS! They are the coolest lizards. Except for Geico of course.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom