Just got chicks from tsc

briancamacho

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 7, 2014
I got some cornish rocks and brown leghorn chicks :) :) :)

Oh my. They look awful crowded in there... is that your brooder?
I am sure she means no harm by saying this. Our concern is for you and your chicks. As they grow, they will become restless and develop bad habits like picking and flying up consistently. Just move em' to a bigger box and you'll be fine. About 1 sq.ft per chick estimated on your brooder and breed of course.

I am sure she means no harm by saying this. Our concern is for you and your chicks. As they grow, they will become restless and develop bad habits like picking and flying up consistently. Just move em' to a bigger box and you'll be fine. About 1 sq.ft per chick estimated on your brooder and breed of course.

I'm going to say I agree and tell you why ... but before I do may I say those chicks are SOOOO stinkin cute!!!
Lil balls of fuzz!! I just received my first mail order chicks today too and OH MY Goodness I couldn't stop looking at them :)
I digress ....

I raised my first chicks from a local feed store and put them in a 250 gallon water trough, but my coop wasn't finished and my run wasn't either. They ended up being about 5-6wks old, over crowded, grumpy and from a morning feeding til I went back that afternoon they had pecked the smallest bird above the tail feathers until it was a bloody mess. They pecked off half her tail feathers in a matter of hours!! She had to be isolated immediately and doctored. Once the coop was done (two days I think) she was re-introduced to the flock and is doing well. The moment I gave them more space their attitudes completely changed. They need room to run around and get away from each other.

Good luck, they are darling!

There is a door on the other side that you cant see that leads to another box they were all together because they just got done eating

I got some from there too about 10 days ago. They are so cute!! Enjoy they get so big sooo fast. I recognize the thermometer. You.must have bought it there too.

Can anyone post a pic of how the brown leghorns look as adults i am not really sure how they will look

Back
Top Bottom