just got heat lamp, its too hot? chiks are lying face down, thats a bad sign?, vid in abit

Pics
I think the plastic container will be colder than the styrofoam box.

I have an idea to raise and lower the heat lamp. You say it is on a chain. Take a coat hanger from the closet and bend the hook so it is an S shape. Then try to bend the metal a lot of times back and forth in one spot, close to where one wire wraps around the other. Maybe you will have to bend it for 1 or 2 minutes. When you bend it, the metal will get hot, then it will break. If you have a plier (alicate) or wire cutter, just cut it.
You can hook the S you made into the chain in 2 places, to raise the light or lower it.

Maybe you can find a safe place in the house to attach the chain, and put the plastic chick box (brooder) under it. If there are sticks outside, you can make a safe place to hang it. You can make a stand for the pole the light is on. Try to find 6 sticks that are about 1 and a 1/2 metros long. If you stretch out your arms to your sides, the sticks can be a little shorter than the distance from one hand to the other. Longer is ok. They can be different lengths.
Now Stand up with 3 sticks. Put one end of the sticks on the floor. Decide the height you need the pole to be and Tie the 3 sricks together at that height. Maybe the height of the top of your leg (muslo), or your waist (cintura).
Tie the other 3 sticks the same way, at the same height. If you don't have rope, you can use plastic bags as rope. Or something else. Maybe some old clothing would be ok with your mom.
Now you spread out the 3 legs on the floor. You have made 2 tripods. If they are strong, put the pole across the top, between the sticks. On top of the tied area.
Now you can hang your light more safely. Be careful. plastic bags and clothes will burn if they get close to the light. Try to keep the legs out of the walk path so they dont get knocked over.
Hope it works for you.

The hemp is fine for the nest box. But maybe you need to keep it for the chicks. They will need a place to live and sleep after you put them outside.

Glad your ma is getting more feed.

At the store she or you could ask for big cardboard boxes. If you want them and if they fit in the car. You can make them flat.
I have read that newspaper is too slippery for baby chicks; they can get hurt., but i think the problem is only in the first week.

So you have 6 adult hens (female chicken)?
And no rooster (male)?

Attachments

• 16011549134988367933725699025394.jpg
    16011549134988367933725699025394.jpg
    248.1 KB · Views: 7
You had a cardboard box last week! One says honda. And on the left in the other picture there is another box, maybe the same one. Maybe you can use it? Maybe cardboard has a different name where you live. Cartón

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200926-185442_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200926-185442_Chrome.jpg
    347.3 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_20200926-185457_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200926-185457_Chrome.jpg
    305 KB · Views: 7
I duno if Im gona do anymore, I thought this like 2 hours ago, i asked about the fake eggs, but my dad put them outside front of house near were the egg already lays egg, I said do the chickens stay on the egg all day and night/. he said ye, but I wondered coz he puts the chickens in the shed at night, the egg is gona be by itself? n n I said to proly put the fake eggs in the box in the pic,I dont know what he said, I thought im not gona do anything,

n he said hes gona take thme outside today, for abit I said do u know all the stuf about it, he said yer or something, but I feel like hes just winging it, yer I sound dsispectful, then I thought I have to read again about takn them outside before he starts, but I didnt even study at all today, n also, before uears ago, they had chiks, n also a dog, they went away, n the dog kld th chikens, thats why I worry hey, n also our dog ran away, I was only one looking for it, I didnt find it, n maybe sound too supersticious, but kinda felt like karma got me, coz after that 4 years was pretty hard, but mabye its coincidence, and also with whats hapening in the world, seems just geting worse.

When can you get more food? Chicks should not be rationed. Do you have feed for the big chickens? If so, what kind?

my mum said gona go get some chik start, then she said maybe, then my dad said no hes not since hes the only one who drives

I chcked the chiken food for the big chikens, it only said stock feed poultry 2.5 kg or 25 kg

my mum set up a clothes basket to put chiks in, then my dad put it back in foam box, said hes going tomroow to buy a box or something, I duno

I can proly go buy chik feed if he is going tomorow, but I dont know were hes going

I dont want to use my plastic tub its mine

You had a cardboard box last week! One says honda. And on the left in the other picture there is another box, maybe the same one. Maybe you can use it? Maybe cardboard has a different name where you live. Cartón

I see the pic ur showing me, I havent been in the shed for a while , I get itchy, obly way to get rid of itchy is to get a hot shower, otherwise im itchy for like 2 days or 1

also theres heaps of chik poo on it, the shed is poo apocaylpse

I dont realyt know how to clen it either

anwyays, one of the chiks is acting weird, looking lethargic, eyes closed for bit of time, and just standing there

usualy this small chiken, runs at me, and runs through my legs

before the other chicken was like this too, but making noise also , I asked people, n they said do make it vomit n stuff, I cant explain proeprly, but I did, nothing came out, but the next day, she was alright

anwyays I say im not gona do anymore, but maybe tomorow il change my mind, also I feel like karma will get me if I dont try to help
or im just over thinker, also I didnt study at all today, I need to study

So you have 6 adult hens (female chicken)?
And no rooster (male)?
yeah 5 brown fenale chikens, 1 white female

and a rooster

yer I know cardboard, I know english , was born in australia, im in rural australai right now,

Ok. I hear you. Yeah, when you think differently than the people around you, it's hard to watch what goes on. But it's true, if it's your parents' project, it's their responsibility. So if you feel like you did all you can, so be it. And if you change your mind, all the better for the chicks' chances of surviving. In the grand scheme of things, we have to choose our battles. Sounds like you think your job is school. So hit the books, bro! :thumbsup
We can't fix all the problems. That's Jehovah God's job. We're not really up to the task. Good try on this round of chicks. Hope your mom and dad take over.

Back
Top Bottom