Just got Ideal day olds and some look like chipmunks...no kidding!!

livingrn

Chirping
11 Years
Feb 25, 2008
Indiana
I just recieved a shippment from Ideal and there are several that they added and they look like little chipmunks by the colors and strips on their backs. Does anyone hae any idea what they are? I am so new to this and I am at a loss. Thanks for any help.

Without pics, we are just guessing. I have a welsummer chick that looks like a chipmunk. The gold and silver laced wyandotte have some stripes on them also. There are some others I think. Post some pics so we can give you a better idea.
cool.png

frow.gif
Welcome to the BYC from another Hoosier! Do you have any pic's of your chicks? There is a good chance they are Easter Eggers (EE's) if they look alot like chipmunks. I have a few, grown though.
smile.png
They are really nice chickens, some of my favorite breed. Someone else may have some other ideas. Have fun on the BYC!!

I tried to attach pics but I can't figure out how to post it here. Sorry, guess I'm just as clueless with computer as I am with chicks.

I got Jersey Giant eggs from Ideal. 4 out of 12 hatched. I got 3 giants and 1 mystery chick that was chipmunk colored. we are still waiting to see what it is. Only time will tell. It's a nice looking chick so I don't mind.

Quote:
Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Congrats on the new chicks
smile.png
Do you have a photobucket account? You need to upload your pics to a place like photobucket, or webshots-I think works to. Photobucket is real easy to sign up with, it's a step by step process, and it's free. Then you can just click on the IMG link of a pic you have uploaded, and paste it in your message. Hope that helps,

Dawn

Back
Top Bottom