Just got my R-Com 20 Pro 2Day! How do I save eggs.........

sticks22

Songster
11 Years
Aug 5, 2008
Grove, oklahoma
I just recieved my r-com 20 pro incubator today and I cant wait to start hatching! I only have one question. So, how should I save the eggs till I get the 20 eggs that it takes to fill the bator? I have 1 large egg from todays laying hens. Im getting about 4 to 5 eggs per day but only 1 or 2 of them are large enough to incubate. What should I do?

I am putting them in an empty egg carton on top of my refridgerator. Is this the right thing to do? Or is there something else I should be doing?

Quote:
Put the eggs in a egg carton

Keep them at 50 to 60F and 50% humidity.

Turn them at least once a day, best achieved by tipping the egg carton 45 degrees one way, then 45 degrees the other way at the next turn

Try not to keep them longer than 5 to 7 days before setting.

The top of the fridge gets pretty warm, I would put them somewhere cooler, too.
smile.png
Happy hatching!!!!

what I do is write date on them with a pencil and what # number of egg and place them in the bator the same day , keep a log of temp- humidity and egg number and date , this way you’ll know when there due to hatch if you know what breed I mark that also on the egg so when they hatch I know who is who

works for me

Al.

Quote:
This isn't something that many people would advise. The eggs need different incubation conditions during the last three days and that can't be achieved using this method.

It can, however, work extremely well if you have a separate hatcher.

I'm new to the whole chicken thing but am already thinking about hatching eggs. As a newbie would anyone suggest the r com incubator that holds only three eggs for firstimers? I thought it was interesting.

Quote:
It's an R-Com, so it works.

It is not like the gimmicky tiny incubators so beloved by eBay sellers.

Bear in mind tho .... It IS restricted to 3 chicken eggs. That's actually not a bad number for a classroom, but most are going to find it too small, and too expensive for building a backyard flock.

It has a scope attachment which I hear is very good for watching the eggs develop

Back
Top Bottom