Just had to post this *pic*

Super cute pic
love.gif

I love this picture I was thinking if that was my chicken I would crop the right side were it was just the box hens and babies and use it for my christmas cards lol
Mary

That is the cutest thing in the world!! Are they speckled sussex chicks? How old are they? The part I hate is when the mamma hen decides she's had enough and pushes them away. Doesn't look like that will happen for a while though. Sweet, SWEET picture!

Wow a combination fully automatic incubator/ brooder setup, complete with all the bells and whistles. Do you have any idea how much those cost! I have been pricing them lately, with a cushy inflatable pad on top (which Brinsea now beleives helps hatching) they are unbelievably expensive. I want one like yours.
love.gif

Priceless incubators/brooders they are. Thanks everyone for your kind words of enjoyment.

This dear hen is only a year old and this is her second batch. In fact, because she is my most reliable broody I stuck a bunch of quail eggs under her in hopes of hatching them out...but unfortunately the eggs froze in transit. But that was not the end of things for her, she was not about to abandon that nest until she had some babies!! I wanted some more speckled sussex in my flock, so I ordered 15 chicks...I couldn't make her sit another month waiting for some young'ins. It was during a cold snap, all the chicks arrived safe and sound and she accepted them the moment I opened the box; nearly fell out of the nest box trying to stretch her neck to see them. When I placed them up with her she quickly tucked them beneath and settled in happily. We lost 6 of them due to their own stupidity in the cold temps, we were expecting some attrition so no big let down there. She and the remaining 9 are having a ball in the warmer temperatures. In time I will be looking to offload some of the extras, but there is still significant time to go to see how many extras there actually will be (hawks love the little-uns). Well...that's her story, a SS that fancies herself a silkie when it comes to brooding.

The last one climbing aboard. Yes, they're all in there somewhere
IMGP7478.jpg

see...
IMGP7501-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom