Just had to post this *pic*

Awww!
love.gif

I used to have one a couple years ago, her name was Joy. She was one of the sweetest hens I had
smile.png

Great...just great. After weeks of rehab I had myself nearly convinced I could live without a speckled sussex, but I just relapsed big time...(robot talking: MUST HAVE SPECKLED SUSSEX, MUST OBTAIN SPECKLED SUSSEX...).

Those are the cutest photos!!

Oh but they are my favorites. All of the breeds in my flock have their endearing qualities, but none as much as the speckled sussex. When this hen doesn't have chicks she follows me around the yard like a puppy dog, talking to me the entire time in her quiet little voice. It's cute to look behind and see my dog and the sussex side by side trailing me around. Thus I have her raising some more cause I can't get enough of the breed.
The down side, they are so very' independent that they forage far and wide, often ignoring the warning calls of the rooster until it's too late. They are the only 2 hens I have lost to hawks. Of course after those two hits all of my chickens are a bit more wary.

No garden is complete without a speckled sussex
IMGP5552.jpg

My plan is to keep a roo along with a few more hens so that I can offer SS eggs & chicks in the future

OMG! She's gorgeous!
That little un sticking her face out of Mama's feathers - awesome pic.
I can not wait to get my SS!
I knew I liked the looks of them. Maybe I could add to my order and get a few more thrown in there.................hmmmmm

Awwww, they look just like Peeps! Makes me wanna eat em up! BTW, which one's mine? LOL

I swear your momma looks just like my pullet! Only maybe just a bit more tired around the eyes from having all those kids.
jumpy.gif

So are these babies crossbreeds of Speckled Sussex and Salmon Faverolles? I wish you were on the west coast, I can not get my paws on a Salmon Faverolle for anything out here. What would you sell those for if you were inclined to sell? I wonder what that cross would end up looking like?

Last edited:
The ones you see are pure sussex chicks I ordered to bolster my flock. As for sussex favorelle chicks.....here's a few pictures

The twins...which I am trying to rehome
Daboys.jpg

One with a muff
IMGP7552.jpg

one without
IMGP7507-1.jpg

..and little TseTse, a 7 week old pullet, napping
IMGP7540.jpg

Back
Top Bottom