Just hard-boiled eggs?

Good morning,
those are new pics of Pico, he's molting,
I took the first pic yesterday night and the second pic this morning, u can see some newbie white feathers.. I'm not sure about the area around his eyes tho seems dry somehow or sticky!
Have a nice day :caf

20200302_060927.jpg

20200303_091123.jpg

Is he able to bathe? It’s very important that he be able to dunk his head and clean his eyes and nares out. He is very precious. If it’s warm enough or you can bring him inside I think he’d enjoy a nice warm bath too just make sure he stays warm while drying.
I was afraid he may catch cold, these are cold days, I thought he may not able to clean his eyes so I changed his water bowl this morning to a deep one, deep enough to put all his head in.
if that's not enough, is it right to put him in warm water as u have said then put him near a heater while he drys? or maybe I could use hair dryer on him?

If it’s cold does he have any way to keep warm? With him in molt he really doesn’t have insulation to keep himself warm. Is he having discharge from eyes or just looks like he hasn’t been washing his face? Add a little ACV to the water too. I wouldn’t let him swim to bathe unless he can dry and stay warm after. It’s not a good idea to warm them up then put them out in the cold.

If it’s cold does he have any way to keep warm? With him in molt he really doesn’t have insulation to keep himself warm. Is he having discharge from eyes or just looks like he hasn’t been washing his face? Add a little ACV to the water too. I wouldn’t let him swim to bathe unless he can dry and stay warm after. It’s not a good idea to warm them up then put them out in the cold.
My room temperature is about 82F when the heater is on, when we sleep we turn the heater off and my room temp goes to 71F, when Pico had only few days I kept a heating lamp for him, and every week I was lowering the temp by 5 deg, now he is 3 weeks old and 75F is right for him, I noticed him spreading his legs and sometimes gasping, so I isolated my room from the heater and he was fine.
I haven't see any discharge from his eyes, just looks like dry and less feathers around his eyes.
He sleeps on a warm blanket which I change every day.

71-82F Degrees is fine for his age, He needs to be "fully" bathing in water regularly or you could have more problems start to occur... It's best to have a heat lamp on but, plenty of space for him to move away from it in case he gets to warm.
I would have kept the heating lamp for him, but I noticed that he won't change his place when he got hot unless I move him myself.

Back
Top Bottom