Just Have to Share!

Good looking geese. I raised 3 of them years ago. The 2 females were sweet but the boy was something else. He wasn't scared of anything and would even chase my cattle.
Thank you! šŸ˜Š
The previous owner said the geese even chased his 4 horses (one a Percheron!) away from their grain before!šŸ¤­

When I move them into their real pen (I'm quarantining them right now) they will have to deal with 2 miniature horses & one ND goat. Thankfully the horses don't get grain, but my mini mare won't be easily scared off...she chases moose away from the pen!šŸ˜³

I always wanted (still do!šŸ¤­) 100 acres. We currently have just 5, but I cannot complain as I get to live in this beautiful state! If you ever get a chance, I encourage you to visit here!
Sometimes it's nice and sometimes it's a curse.

Right now I'm having trespassing problems. Some hipster idiot set up a geocache up about 5 acres in my property (past a sign and barbed wire fence) thinking they were cute. At first I didn't mind because they snuck in, done their thing, and left. Here lately one of them got the bright idea to cut the fence for better access and I even found one hiding in a tree after the idiot walked between a momma cow and her calf. I've done pressed charges on about 5 people in the past year and have even went to every geocaching site I can find to remove it. Doubled up the signs and barb wire where they were coming in. I don't want them tromping around where I deer hunt at.

Sometimes it's nice and sometimes it's a curse.

Right now I'm having trespassing problems. Some hipster idiot set up a geocache up about 5 acres in my property (past a sign and barbed wire fence) thinking they were cute. At first I didn't mind because they snuck in, done their thing, and left. Here lately one of them got the bright idea to cut the fence for better access and I even found one hiding in a tree after the idiot walked between a momma cow and her calf. I've done pressed charges on about 5 people in the past year and have even went to every geocaching site I can find to remove it. Doubled up the signs and barb wire where they were coming in. I don't want them tromping around where I deer hunt at.
Oh no!!! Time for a couple of LGD'S & a few trail cams!

Thanks, I got 2 pit bulls but when they sneak in my dogs are up at the house nowhere near back there, they sneak in at night. 90 acres is a lot to roam 24/7.
I am talking about Livestock Guardiam Dogs. They would stay out with your cows and guard them. I highly recommend doing some research into them (There are MANY breeds. I currently have an Anatolian / Great Pyrenees cross male.) and then finding a good breeder that will help you learn how to integrate one / pair into your farm situation. They are amazing!!!

Back
Top Bottom