Just Have to Share!

When Sarah is tilting her head it's probably just her positioning her eyes to get the best view of you. They do hear very well, but without external ears tilting their head doesn't change the acoustics much. However, Abraham would probably be reassured if you started talking to him before you can see him (at least before he sees you). He won't be as surprised and, while he'll probably offer a greeting, he won't complain about you scaring him.

Right now I'm having trespassing problems. Some hipster idiot set up a geocache up about 5 acres in my property (past a sign and barbed wire fence) thinking they were cute.
Have you considered starting a compost pile on top of the geocache? Unlike landmines it's legal. Maybe even add a sign that says trespassers may be composted.

When Sarah is tilting her head it's probably just her positioning her eyes to get the best view of you. They do hear very well, but without external ears tilting their head doesn't change the acoustics much. However, Abraham would probably be reassured if you started talking to him before you can see him (at least before he sees you). He won't be as surprised and, while he'll probably offer a greeting, he won't complain about you scaring him.
Thank you for your wise words. i always talk as I approach the greenhouse as I have 2 feral barn cats I adopted 2 yrs ago as mousers. This alerts them that i and my LGD dog are approaching and allows them time to leave. Abraham hears us and honks, and though he still hisses & honks loudly, he's already doing it far less than the first day. 😊😊😊

He's also stopped charging the gate and actually comes up after a few minutes of me standing still and quietly talking to them, & both will eat & drink.

Sarah laid an egg yesterday....I expected it to take awhile for her to relax enough to do so, so I'm happy. Ridiculously so.😊

I have been searching for Toulouse goslings for weeks now, and discovered that everywhere I've looked, they're out of them. (Well, I did find some Giant Dewlap ones, but I don't like that extra flappy bit!)

Just as I was about to give up, I found a 2 yo pair on my local Craigslist page...2+ hrs away from me. 😊 The amazing party is that the owner had planned to come pick up hay near me, so yesterday View attachment 2615905he delivered them TO me!!!

Meet Abraham & Sarah!
If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for the pair? I have some goslings coming in June. I did look for some adults on craigslist before ordering the goslings but only found one pair and they were $175 for both. 🤔

I'd love 100 acres, too!

I passed through Alaska on a flight once. I'd love to actually spend some time there; it looks so spectacular.
You won't regret any time you spend here. If you ever do get a chance, I recommend going to one of the smaller towns, rather than Anchorage. We only go there for Mass or if we have to go on base for drs apts. The real AK is outside of that city!😉

Back
Top Bottom