Just In Time Hatching Egg AUCTION and BIN Thread

Quote:

love.gif

Thank you for the compliments. Thats why I just hate to not get eggs rehomed. I just know there are some pretty babies in those eggs. It's just hatching them out. I've got about a dozen chicks right now that my broodies have hatched for me. I've done a few but they do so much better. I plan to sell the ones I just can't live without to save money to go to the newnan show. Part of the egg money is going in the show fund also. I'm squeezing every penny till it screams. So every sale just adds to the feed and show fund. When I get ready to sell the juvenile sizzles i'll post them for sale as long as the buyer picks them up at the Newnan show or some where along the way of our trip down there. What I'll do is identify them by color zip ties on their leg as to the person that gets them.

Anyway, please bid away on the sizzle eggs. I always send extras if I get them. Unless the snake roaming around here steals any I should have several to send.

I've been debating on them too.. logged back on and was messing with the box pics and ended up missing the auction.. figured I was safe then scrolled down and saw more relisted!..
gig.gif
It physically hurts I want to bid so bad! :)

My DH isn't home when the mail runs so he don't know what I've done till down the road when I let it spill where something came from. lol By then it's too late to complain.

Wish it were that easy here. DH keeps an eye like a hawk on our finances via Mint. I can't buy a stick of gum online without him knowing instantly. Still, going to bring these up and gauge reaction..LOL.

-
Wish it were that easy here. DH keeps an eye like a hawk on our finances via Mint. I can't buy a stick of gum online without him knowing instantly. Still, going to bring these up and gauge reaction..LOL.

I'm the DH... and she thinks she is keeping me out of trouble!

LOL - my DW says "No More Chicks!!!" But I have been bitten by the bug and really enjoy my chickies. I have hatched eggs this year. While not as successful as I want to be (mail shipped eggs mostly), I find that I really like that hatching experience and the surprise and wonder of new life the hatching brings. Although I am 50 years removed from being a "kid" the excitement and promise of hatching days is such a rush and a joy that it is hard to explain to someone else who has not shared this experience. I am now in a position to hatch my own eggs and focus on breeding selective breeds and some interesting crosses. I look forward to many more years of this pastime and part time business.

Last edited:
My chickens keep me occupied since I hate housework. There is nothing to housework that keeps my mind occupied, It's just useless since it is suppose to be done everyday same things everyday. Nothing different. I can clean all day and when DH and GS gets home it's all undone. So why bother. Don't get me wrong, I do clean but I wouldn't eat anything that fell on my floor. When I go outside I wear my rubber boots and at the door I take them off and put on my crocks. They just walk right in and walk around no matter if they are trailing mud or not. So my chickens keep me sane by occupying my mind. I don't make any money off of them. Everything I make goes back into them with feed or show entries and other necessities they need.

Back
Top Bottom